Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
by gladness now in Design Dilemma Need help with comments on dra

Posted by glass1990 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 12, 12 at 16:21

I am still in the plan drafting stage. Kindly help me your comments and let me know what you think about my draft plan. The house will be built in South Africa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: by gladness now in Design Dilemma Need help with comments on

It would really help you to draw a scale human in all of your ideas first.Then try to move him through the home. You're forgetting that people have dimensions and will need paths to get to one spot from another.

o
RE: by gladness now in Design Dilemma Need help with comments on

As the previous poster pointed out, without dimensions we are merely guessing at scale. But it does look very tight in some places. This might be fine for you tho, we here in the states want everything sprawling and wide but in your country that may not be a necessity.

Can you verify tho that someone can comfortably get to the master bedroom toilet to use it? Just based on the drawing it looks like its nearly unuseable. Based on the Living Room furniture placement you have there, there doesn't seem to be a clear path into or out of this area without banging shins on endtables. A simple reappropriation of your furniture choices would fix this however.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here