Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
matching soffit and fascia with window trim color

Posted by Burnsie2 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 7, 11 at 14:53

We have ordered sierra pacific wood windows for our remodel/new construction in the "linen" color. I've been trying to match this color with the soffit and fascia. Has anyone else had experience with this? What brand or material? I'd prefer not to have to paint all the trim etc.. but I will if I have to.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: matching soffit and fascia with window trim color

I don't have specific information for you, but I remember stressing over matching the windows and soffit and fascia. Truthfully, when we started building, I had never even heard the terms soffit and fascia!!

Our window trim ended up being a much darker shade than the soffit and fascia. I thought we had made a huge mistake, but somehow it all blends so I wouldn't get too caught up in matching it perfectly. They did give me a sample piece of the window trim in the color we ordered and then our builder got us a sample (similar to what you get for paint) booklet that we used to pick out the soffit fascia color. Good luck!!

o

Thanks for the input. I'm driving myself crazy!

o

Burnsie--Check with your exterior trim sub. He will have all the colors his product comes in and you can match up from there. There will be plenty of colors to choose from. I will say that in our case we purposely went with a color about 2-3 shades lighter than our windows which are Plygem's tan and we're happy with it. If in doubt, my advice is to go lighter rather than darker--any variation would be blamed on the way the sun's rays hit it. That argument doesn't work so well when the trim is obviously darker.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here