Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redshoetraveler

Show Me Your Mud Room, Please!

redshoetraveler
13 years ago

I'd love to see pictures & accompanying dimensions of your mudrooms!

Comments (8)

• kateskouros
    13 years ago

mine isn't finished yet, and i've posted it already but in case you haven't seen it i'll post it again. the cubbies take up approx 9'.5" of wall space. the top storage spaces will have doors. the space with the one basket will be open on all four cubbies and we'll have long doors to hide the mess. the bottom will have two drawers for shoes.
    there is a closet to the right which houses my stackable bosch vision 500s. directly across is a floor to ceiling pantry (sorry, no pic). i didn't want to take up space in my kitchen for a walk in pantry so this was my solution. the mudroom measures 13 x 10, the built ins will be stained. it's very roomy and i love the additional storage it affords. i have a gorgeous moravian star pendant for this room that i'm dying to hang. hopefully this week! i'll take more shots when it's done.
    {{gwi:1510460}}

• pps7
    13 years ago

• klatos
    13 years ago

Here are a few I've found on the web that are nice.

• angela12345
    13 years ago

Hi redshoe, please take this the right way (as being helpful, not as being mean) ... "search" is your friend ... : )
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/search/nph-ind.cgi?term=mudroom&forum=build&forum_name=Building+a+Home

RE: How deep are your mudroom lockers?
    Posted by angela12345 (My Page) on Fri, Jul 30, 10 at 10:52

Way way way back when, I used to post a lot. I can't believe it, but I still see some names from back then !! Our build got put off because we bought some coastal property and we have to build there before we can build our primary residence here. FINALLY starting coastal build in October !! At any rate, I had a geocities account where I would keep pictures of mudroom lockers and that web address was passed along from member to member for a long time. Then Geocities closed. : (

I have now loaded my collection into photobucket. Not many dimensions, but lots of mudroom locker pictures. I have collected over 60 pictures so far (including adding those up-post).

One at a time ...

As a slideshow ... http://s1006.photobucket.com/albums/af184/mudroomlockers/?albumview=slideshow

Hope this helps all !!

• fiveunderfive
    13 years ago

Sorry to hijack, but
    kateskouros and pps7, could you both share what tile you have on the floor?

Thanks!

• pps7
    13 years ago

Ours is real slate, peacock blue, I believe.

• kateskouros
    13 years ago

i went back and forth so many times, so it's funny (to me) that you should ask. -i originally brought home lots of 16x16 travertine tiles and had them sitting around for many months (like, 10?!). when it came time to install i ran like the wind back to tile store and bought the porcelain tile i liked BEFORE bringing home the travertine. the guy at the tile store has come to know me, so when i showed up he just laughed and exchanged it all.

ok, more info than you asked for but mine is porcelain and i LOVE it. it's a filthy mess right now (lots of stuff going on inside and it's been raining) but it looks great even while dirty.

• nanj
    13 years ago

Kateskouros - What made you decide against travertine? I'm trying to learn about that stone so am curious if there was something about it that made you change your mind.