Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aimless07

Kitchen lighting, opinions wanting on Pottery Barn lighting.

Aims
9 years ago

I really like the Paxton Lighting from Pottery Barn. We are wanting to get 2 single pendants to go along our island and then at the end where it's rounded, the 3 light pendant as that is a planned eating area.

I haven't bought anything from Pottery Barn before, but the prices seem a little high. Do they ever send out percent off coupons or anything like that? It would take a little bit of a discount in order for it to meet our lighting budget.

Thanks, and happy Sunday ya'll!

This post was edited by aimless07 on Mon, Dec 1, 14 at 9:32

Comments (7)

• A Lleux
    9 years ago

I ordered a light fixture 2 months ago and it still hasn't shipped. :/ It was on backorder, but they have changed the estimated delivery date twice already. I was most recently told it would arrive at their warehouse around the middle of December. We are in no hurry, but I really wanted to see the quality. I have never ordered a light fixture there before. I ordered with a 20% off coupon for signing up for their mailing list. The shipping was really high though so it basically just wiped that out. I am contemplating ordering 2 chandeliers for over my island, but really want to see the quality first. I was hoping to hit a great sale for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. It looks like most things excluded lighting though. :/

• farmdrmer
    9 years ago

I have the Pottery Barn Graham Chandelier in my current home, and am considering some PB light fixtures for our new build. The Graham is just a basic chandelier, but I love it. It is beautiful and I think good quality (although I am by no means a lighting expert). It looks like it retails for $179 right now, although I'm thinking it was less expensive when I purchased a few years ago? I think I paid around $120, plus I purchased linen shades separately. They do have a lighting sale at least once a year, I think it is in the fall if I remember correctly. Then you can use a % off coupon for signing up for the mailing list as well.

• NWHobart
    9 years ago

I have 3 of the Rustic Glass Pendants and really love them. I also bought them with a 20% off coupon for signing up for their mailing list.

Excuse my semi-finished kitchen with blue tape pulls. ;-)

• Aims
    Original Author
    9 years ago

How long did it take to sign up for the email and receive the discount? I signed up last night and still haven't received that coupon code.

I LOVE the rustic glass pendants. I was considering that one, but the Paxton really "called" me :)

• jbher
    9 years ago

Wanted to chime in quickly that you can actually purchase coupons or discount codes on ebay for pottery barn. I have done it many times! It will cost you a few bucks, or up to $10-15 at the most but with big purchases those discounts far outweigh what you may spend on buying the code. Delivery is usually immediate as the seller can email you the code. Be sure to check their feedback rating though :-) Love PB lights, we own a few and all have been great quality.

• amberm145_gw
    9 years ago

I just went to PB to look up the lights you're referring to, and they're having a 10-20% off everything sale.

Personally, I wouldn't do 2 singles and a triple. I'd do 3 in a row of the same type. Odd numbers are nicer than evens, and having them all the same keeps it cohesive.

Plus, the singles are cheaper than the triple, so that's a bonus. :)

• Aims
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I went ahead and bought the 3 light pendant off of ebay. It was a return to pottery barn but still new. I paid about $160 for it and it retails for $199.

They have the individual pendants on ebay for $90 each right now. I saw Pottery Barn has that buy more, save more sale, but I think with the shipping, it would be a wash which is disappointing.