Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prescotthouse

Close to final house plans

prescotthouse
11 years ago

My husband and I are in our early sixties and building this house as a vacation home now and later as our main home. The lot is a half-acre, steeply sloping lot with vast veiws to the north/northeast which the deck side of the house faces. There will be an unfinished, for now, walkout basement of about 850 sf which eventually will have a bedroom, family room and office. The main floor is almost 1800 square feet. We have no children living at home but have two grown kids, each married with two kids, who visit a few weekends a year. We are still at the stage where we can make changes but are getting close to choosing a builder and getting permits. I'm worried that the living/dining room may be dark because of the 12' roof over the deck. Also want to make sure the kitchen is arranged optimally so will try to post that area on the kitchen forum. In our area building costs are around $120/sf and we are trying to stick to a budget of $250k, excluding lot and finished basement. We would welcome your comments and suggetions.

Comments (4)