Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mom2samlibby

Pre-Black Friday Sale at OverstockDeals.com

mom2samlibby
10 years ago

Just wanted to pass on a sale that I found yesterday. I had a few plumbing items to order to complete what we need for our new build. Kind of wish now I had waited and ordered them all on this sale.

Everything on this site is 20% and free shipping. I ordered 13 items yesterday (2 bathtubs & 1 sink, plus other items) and they shipped out this morning! Super quick!

This is the first time I've ordered from them, so I don't have any other experiences with the company, but so far, so good.

http://www.overstockdeals.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Website

Comments (41)

• jdez
    10 years ago

Thanks for the info. Will check it out.

• autumn.4
    10 years ago

Thank you. I am checking it out as well. I have many of our plumbing fixtures selected and was hoping for a black Friday deal. I have been surfing on Faucet Direct but don't' see any sign of a sale yet.

• leennp
    10 years ago

Just have to say thank you for this post! Have been watching the Kohler Stages 45 for months and seems to always be 1199 everywhere, got for 858 today! Every little bit helps.

• mom2samlibby
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Great deal on your sink leennp! Glad I could help. I was pretty excited about their sale! Wishing now I'd have held off of purchasing our plumbing items earlier.

• autumn.4
    10 years ago

Ugh the kitchen faucet I chose they have only in chrome and not in brushed stainless. :( Still surfing for the rest of my items though. :P

• ILoveRed
    10 years ago

Hope your order goes well. If it does, may file the name of the website for future reference. I am always a little reluctant about unknown websites.

• leennp
    10 years ago

Not sure if would make website seem safer of not , but after each person, you get an email registering the purchase through Google Trusted Stores.

• nancyj
    10 years ago

I've never heard of them so I checked out the online reviews and they seem a bit mixed, some very glowing and some complaining of long lead times. Nonetheless, I decided to take my chances and order my Whitehaven sink there since 1) I have a lot of time before I need it, and 2) their price was much better than anywhere else I could find.

They seem to be having some kind of sale on Kohler in addition to the 20% off coupon, so the 36" Whitehaven was $590 out the door (free ship, no tax). The cheapest I could find it elsewhere was $715 at Warehouse Discount Center plus tax (I'm in CA) = $778. For comparison, Home Depot and Amazon have it for $824 + tax.

Thanks for the info neroselover!

Edited to add: I forgot to mention that I also priced out the Kohler Ladena bathroom sinks on OverstockDeals and they were only $5 cheaper than the price Ferguson's quoted me, so I decided not to buy those since I don't want to store them for months just to save $5 each.

This post was edited by nancyjla on Sun, Nov 24, 13 at 0:00

• mom2samlibby
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nancyla - Wow, Ferguson's must have had a great price on the Kohler Ladena sinks. I had a quote from Briggs for that sink for $302. I had bought them this summer for $198, so this sale would have saved me $10 on them, but they are already here, so it's a moot issue now.

I'm kicking myself now for not waiting two days on this sale. The extra sale on large Kohler items was not running when I ordered on Wed. I'm hoping that they will refund the difference. I had chatted with them online about the lowest price they could do for the Kohler Archer tubs and there was no mention of an additional discount coming up, just 2 days later. Between the 2 tubs I purchased and the 4' Brockway sink, I would have saved $382 by waiting 48 hours. UGH! I've sent them an email asking for the difference, so here's hoping they come through.

• nancyj
    10 years ago

Also FYI MrRebates offers 5% cashback for OverstockDeals. If you're not familiar with MrRebates it's similar to Ebates and ShopDiscover where you click through the site to get to the destination website (e.g., click through MrRebates to get to OverstockDeals). The cashback site typically pays the user at the end of the calendar quarter. For my Whitehaven purchase this amounts to $30 cashback.

I hesitated to mention the cashback neroselover only because it sounds like you made a fairly large purchase and so the cashback could have been significant, and I hate to cause you further angst about your purchase. I'm mentioning it just in case there's any way you can cancel and reorder, and for the benefit of anyone else who might order.

• mom2samlibby
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Double ugh! I wish I could cancel and re-order, but the order has already shipped. That would have been another $165. Yes, it was a large purchase . . . sigh.

I wasn't aware of MrRebates, so thanks for passing that info along.

• akshars_mom
    10 years ago

Neroselover and others who are placed an order, can you please update when you get your shipment.

I was looking at the products we need and the prices are great with 20% of. I am just debating since I have never heard of them before.

• mom2samlibby
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I got one item today from UPS. I ordered on Wed. (11/20) and received the first of the 13 items today (11/25). I ordered two tubs and a sink, so I'm guessing those are coming via truck.

• NWHobart
    10 years ago

Thank you for this suggestion. I just ordered my Delta Touch20 Technoligy faucet for $140 cheaper that Faucets Direct, plus the matching bar faucet, pot filler, 6 bathroom undermount sinks and my Blanco Silgranit sink. From what I calculated I saved $605 from what I had in my budget.

• nancyj
    10 years ago

Neroselover, did OverstockDeals agree to offer you any kind of refund due to the price drop? If not, sometimes credit cards will offer price protection, so if you paid with a credit card you might look into that.

My whitehaven is on its way but I haven't received it yet (ordered this past Sat). I've decided to order the Kohler sinks there too and am still looking for other things I might need, but I'm going to hold off ordering until Friday as oftentimes the cashback sites (e.g., MrRebates) double their cashback % on black friday. It's currently 5% so I'll wait until Fri to see if they increase it. If not, I'll order then since the prices are too good to pass up.

• Carol.33
    10 years ago

nancyjlaâ¦. which Whitehaven did you get for $520? I've been looking for the best price on the 30" Whitehaven and their price is $814. Then with 20% off it would be $651. Not bad. Considering it, but wondering which one you got for $520â¦. and how?? Also wondering what faucet you are going to use with your Whitehaven?

• mom2samlibby
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Did you put the Whitehaven in the cart? It's $670 in the cart, then an additional 20% off of that price.

• mom2samlibby
    Original Author
    10 years ago

nancyjla -- they have not done anything for me yet. :( I contacted them via chat on Sat. and followed up with an email. They have not responded to the email. I posted on their facebook page today and they said that would look into it. I'm still hoping that they will do something to help with the pricing difference.

• nancyj
    10 years ago

I'm sorry they haven't yet offered to refund the difference. I'm on such a tight budget for my remodel that I know every dollar makes a difference :(

Carol33, as neroselover said you have to put the whitehaven in your cart to see the lower price. I haven't yet decided which faucet to choose, I really love the Blanco Meridian commercial-type faucet but because my whitehaven will be in my island I'm a little concerned that the Meridian will overwhelm the island. I haven't even broken ground on my remodel yet so I have many months to decide which faucet (unless of course I see a great deal on it in the meantime :) ).

• autumn.4
    10 years ago

Placed my order today. Mostly sinks - unfortunately they did not have the faucets I was looking for (or only in chrome and I was looking for brushed stainless). I did use Mr. Rebates but didn't see it come through as pending. I wonder if I messed that up!

Do the email addresses have to match? I'm wondering if I used my junk email for Mr Rebates and my paypal email that I checked out with is different. Do you know if that would matter nancyjia?

nero-anything more arrive yet?

• nancyj
    10 years ago

Autumn, I'm nearly positive the email addresses don't have to match for it to work. In any event, it took a day and a half for me to receive the MrRebates confirmation email and for it to show pending in my account.

• autumn.4
    10 years ago

Thanks nancyjla. I will check back and see if it shows up. Maybe I was just too quick to look at it since I've never done it before!

• akshars_mom
    10 years ago

I too placed the order for a couple of faucets and the Kohler stages sink. Hope they arrive with out any issue.

• niteshadepromises
    10 years ago

Thanks for the link, they had a bunch of my faucets for almost 100 dollars less ea than my plumbing quote! Hoping as others do that I can report back and recommend the site following order completion.

• MFatt16
    10 years ago

I am so close to ordering a few things before this sale is over. Killer deal on the Whitehaven for sure. I am budgeted for white but at this discount I could get the Sea Salt I really wanted. Hmmmm.

• heyo
    10 years ago

I was able to buy almost all of our stuff and saved a good chunk of change even after upgrading and adding several things. My credit card is offering 5% cash back on online purchases so, if everything works, in total it's a 28% discount! Can't wait to start getting stuff. :)

• 8mpg
    10 years ago

thanks.. I also did a small order on some Grohe shower valves and trim kits. Saved a couple hundred bucks.

• mom2samlibby
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just wanted to update that my remaining 12 items arrived today (12/2) via truck. I had ordered 2 bathtubs and a sink, along with some smaller items. They were all in perfect condition. Very happy with my ordering experience, except for the fact that my larger items went on a deeper discount 2 days after I ordered on their sale. Need to contact them again about that, but otherwise, delivery was great.

• MFatt16
    10 years ago

Thanks for the follow-up!

• autumn.4
    10 years ago

Thanks nero! I just placed yet another order today. It's cyber Monday 20% off - still the same code. :)

• Carol.33
    10 years ago

I put a couple of orders in over the past few days. Ordered Kohler Whitehaven farm sink, Delta Cassidy faucet, Delta Dryden faucets for bath, robe hooks, towel bars, TP holders. Saved a ton of $$ with the good pricing plus 20% off, and used Ebates and got another 4% cash back. I got an email today that some of it had shipped. neroseloverâ¦. glad to hear your order came!

• Carol.33
    10 years ago

I put a couple of orders in over the past few days. Ordered Kohler Whitehaven farm sink, Delta Cassidy faucet, Delta Dryden faucets for bath, robe hooks, towel bars, TP holders. Saved a ton of $$ with the good pricing plus 20% off, and used Ebates and got another 4% cash back. I got an email today that some of it had shipped. neroseloverâ¦. glad to hear your order came!

• heyo
    10 years ago

I ordered several delta Cassidy items as well! Unfortunately almost all my bathroom Cassidy items are back ordered but I've got plenty of time since our slab was just poured today.

I contacted them today to confirm which items were back ordered so that I'd know what to expect in the shipment and it's a good thing I did! They were holding the rest of my order until those few items showed up at the distribution center. They'll go ahead and send what's in stock if you contact them (they offered, I didn't have to ask). My order contains 32 items and they're not being delivered to the job site so breaking it up into smaller deliveries is definitely a good thing!

• jackson2348
    10 years ago

Neroselover, thank you so much for posting this info! I was able to take advantage, and got my order today. The original prices were close to my local plumbing showroom, but the 20% made a big difference!!! I was a little worried, because it was a huge (to me) order, but everything came well packed and undamaged.

I did not order tubs or shower valves and trims, because my builder was a little concerned the quality would not be the same, and I didn't want a valve leaking in the wall and ruining hardwood. But I did order toilets, bathroom sinks, sink faucets and kitchen faucets. I was able to save almost $1800.

• autumn.4
    10 years ago

We received the rest of our order today - all very well packaged and no damage to any of the items.

In total:
    4 faucets
    4 bathroom sinks (one pedestal)
    1 utility sink

Thanks again so much. :)

• nancyj
    10 years ago

I ordered 5 Kohler Ladena sinks and they all came very (VERY!) well packaged and were in perfect condition. I now have 5 huge boxes and packing foam that will last a lifetime :)

• Carol.33
    10 years ago

I ordered a Kohler Whitehaven sink (yahoo!), 3 faucets, towel bars, robe hooks, TP holders, etc, etc. Everything came in perfect condition and I saved a ton of money.

• heyo
    10 years ago

I've got several shipments en route to me. Have received 1 so far. I do not have anything pending or available in Mr Rebates. How long did it take for your rebates to show up? When I ordered, I did get the pop up that said I was now shopping through Mr Rebates or whatever the actual message said. From what I've read, if the rebate doesn't take you're basically out of luck.

• mom2samlibby
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm glad to hear that so many were able to take advantage of this great sale!

I'm not sure about MrRebates. I used it on my 2nd order with OverstockDeals.com also, but it hasn't shown up for me either.

• nancyj
    10 years ago

Regarding MrRebates, I just checked for both of my purchases at Overstockdeals and the cashback on each of them appeared in my MrRebates account one day after my purchase. If you don't see it in the "My Account" section on MrRebates I suggest sending them an email since it should have displayed by now.

• mom2samlibby
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'll send them an email, but I did see this in their FAQs.

How long before the rebate appears in my account?
    Reporting time varies by merchant. Generally, your rebate will appear within a few days of your transaction. However, some stores will not report a transaction until it has shipped out to the customer. Some of our travel merchants will not report transactions until the reservation has been completed.