Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
TV over microwave?

Posted by pbx2 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 20, 12 at 11:05

We are thinking of building kitchen cabinets to support a microwave (Miele Speedoven) with a cubby above the microwave able to hang a 24" LED monitor recessed a couple of inches back to deal with rising steam.
Imagine a double wall oven cabinetry but with the above oven being a TV.

Questions:

1) Should we worry about rising steam even if the TV hangs back a couple of inches recessed?
Something like this wall of appliances but not that many! ; Or this setup.

2) Should we put a door in front of the TV to close off if we use the microwave - would be cumbersome to have to open &* close this everytime we use the speedoven.
Something like this

Any comments would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: TV over microwave?

This is the oven cabinet in my present house. The tv sits back a little in that top cabinet. The oven below it is a combi (steam) oven. I always condense the steam before I open the door, but some steam still escapes. The oven below is an advantium (microwave) and gets less use. The steam oven is used constantly.

The tv is fine.

The house is 7 yrs old.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o
RE: TV over microwave?

Thanks Red_Lover for the confirm & example.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here