Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momto4inor_gw

Plz show me your beautiful fireplace? please

momto4inor
13 years ago

Thanks for all your help on my previous post trying to figure out a specific stone for our fireplaces. Unfortunately, we didn't hit it. HOWEVER, I'm taking on a new approach. Will you show me pictures of your beautiful natural stone fireplaces? Please?

We will have an outdoor fireplace and an indoor fireplace. The outdoor is full masonry, the indoor is a Heatilator, wood burning fireplace. I'd love to see your beautiful fireplaces, but PLEASE only if you can identify your stone for me! No more falling in love with something that we can't find! :) I'd post this on the FP forum, but it has no traffic ...

Appreciate your help!

Momto4inOR

Comments (14)

• jolsongoude
    13 years ago

Beuchel Stone Corp Natural Thin Veneer "Mill Creek"

Here is a link that might be useful: Buechel Stone Corp

• momto4inor
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh that's beautiful! I really like that a lot! Are those hickory floors? We're doing natural hickory too!

• shelly_k
    13 years ago

Owens Corning cultured pro-fit ledgestone in southwest

• pps7
    13 years ago

We just went to our local stoneyard and showed them pics of what we wanted-dry stacked with gray and caramel tones. They had a few samples and we selected our stone. It's a local company (we are in the midwest and they use a quarry in Wisconsin) so you may need to see what's locally available. I don't have the name with me but can dig it up.

• jolsongoude
    13 years ago

momto4inor,

Thanks - the floors are hard maple, 2nd & better.

Jay

• crazyhouse6
    13 years ago

Here's mine. It looks much darker in this picture than I think it actually is.

• jayce3
    13 years ago

crazyhouse, do you know what your stone is?

• crazyhouse6
    13 years ago

Ours is from Boulder Creek. Ohio Rubble is the style and St. Claire is the color.

• User
    13 years ago

Inside...Pretty simple design...walnut mantle with limestone hearth/surround:

Outside:

• tom_in_sc
    13 years ago

I don't know how to imbed a picture, so here's a like to it.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• michema5
    13 years ago

We are thinking about using Sierra Shadowstone from Realstone Systems. Haven't built it yet, so no pics. Has anyone else used this? Samples looked nice at the store...

• sombreuil_mongrel
    13 years ago

I don't know if anybody would find this beautiful, but it's something I designed way back in 1989. The shelves are mahogany.
    {{gwi:1509953}}
    Casey

• joyce_6333
    13 years ago

We were going to use this young man to do a stone fireplace in our new home, but decided to do something with wood/tile in the craftsman style instead. His work is spectacular.

{{gwi:1509954}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Haugen Stone

• coffeehaus
    13 years ago

"Catawba" stone from western VA, black walnut timber for the mantel and ceiling beam, and a Jotul woodstove installed but not shown in this photo. The massive stone structure acts as a heat-sink when the woodstove is cranking, giving off the heat absorbed after the fire dies. The stone was cut on-site and the masons used a "lick-and-stick" minimal mortar technique.
    {{gwi:1509955}}From Lighting

Here's a shot from the other side...
    {{gwi:1462409}}From Lighting

Below is a link to Hearth.com with lots of other photos of fireplaces, though the stone sources are not listed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fireplace photo gallery