Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have a personal build blog? Link it here!

Posted by sweet.reverie (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 3, 12 at 22:52

I have LOVED looking through all the blogs that have been linked in various posts. I don't know anyone in 'real life' who has built or is building, so this forum and these blogs have become my own little support system!

So if you have a blog from a past, current or future build, link it here! I would love to read it. :)

Don't be shy!

I will link mine too but it is pretty boring since we have not broken ground yet...

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have a personal build blog? Link it here!

sweet.reverie - I just read your entire BLOG! It is awesome. My wife and I are building too and just are at the house plans stage but have found a land.

o

Thanks dpusa! I just know I will forget all the details if I don't write them down. :) Congrats on your new land!

I hope others chime in on this thread because I have seen some great ones linked in other posts!

o

here is my blog. We break ground in the morning!

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

o

Lzerarc: just read all of yours! You guys have had quite a journey! The final rendering looks really cool.

o

Here is ours. Not too exciting yet, but our final plans are being drawn up now and we hope to break ground in January. I started the blog to keep our family and friends updated, but I may get it printed into a book when it's all done. Thought it might be neat to be able to flip thru a book and see the progress from start to finish.

Here is a link that might be useful: Building The Hall Way

o

Khall110: Wow! I love your blog layout, so cool! We are on similar timelines so I will love following your journey. The book idea is good one too.

o

Here is our blog, just started back updating it. Its long but details everything and nice to have as I would have forgotten all of the details. It was a long year of selling previous house and building a new one. My advice to everyone, choose your builder wisely as our home build wasn't that enjoyable!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our home sell/build blog!

o

We moved into our house in February. This site has been a godsend throughout the process of building.

Here is a link that might be useful: de Jong dream house

o

Xclusive: Man, that is really frustrating all the things you have gone through! But hopefully your blog will help someone else avoid those things in the future. I cannot believe the grinder pump! I would have had a serious case of the ragies about that one.

ICFGreen: Your house is just lovely! It looks like you really made it reflect you. The kitchen is beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

o

Our house is finished (April 2012 we finally moved in after 2 years). Here is our room-by-room blog. We took off most of the in-progress pictures although there are still a few of them mixed in.

http://stonepondhouse.blogspot.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Stone Pond House

o

beaglesdoitbetter: Your house is so detailed and pretty! How big is your lot? It looks like you have a wonderful piece of property.

o

@icf green - I looked at your home blog and love the wall color palette in your home. Can you tell me what color you used in the kitchen? Our daughter is doing a semi custom build and wants to use gray on her walls and your kitchen looks like a gray color??? I'm curious to know the color name.

o

We're at a very early stage (we own our lot and are working on finalizing our plans) but I've just started a blog about it.

I'm new to the forum, looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Here is a link that might be useful: A Home in the Woods

o

hi -

We just broke ground last month. I've bookmarked the blogs posted here and look forward to checking them out.

Here's my blog: www.southbeachtahoe.com

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

o

We're veerrrrrrrrrry early in the process, but here's my blog!

Here is a link that might be useful: The Wild Midwest

o

TahoeCindy: Wow! Lot's of hoops to jump through. I grew up in Carson City and I would love to have a vacation home in Tahoe!

Sanveann: Thanks for sharing! I am excited to see your progress!

o

downsy,
Sorry, I just saw this! (Wish there was a notification method on here!)

Our kitchen is Oyster Bay by Sherwin Williams, in a nice grayish-green.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen paint and details

o

Here is my wifes blog for our house building process that started in November.

http://lot23blog.blogspot.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Lot 23 Blog

This post was edited by kaljr82 on Thu, Jan 17, 13 at 12:47

o

We are JUST starting out...but here is ours

Here is a link that might be useful: The Anderson Dream Home Blog

This post was edited by ffingers on Thu, Jan 17, 13 at 14:31

o

We finished in Sept 2012....

Here is a link that might be useful: Fox Meadow

o

Hey everyone! Just made my first entry into my blog. We are working on the construction loan now and things will be underway soon! Look forward to reading about your experiences as well.

Buildingourcustomhouse.blogspot.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Building our custom home Blog

o

I've started documenting ours, too. Will have to take a look at the ones above, great idea.

http://acustomhouse.blogspot.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: The House That Built Itself

o

We've recently started ours as well and hope you all don't mind that I've added a link to most of your sites ... just grabbed a few and look forward to reading/following them all. So much information and willingness to share.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lot59

o

I'm new to this forum and have found it so helpful! As all of you know there are so many questions you have and decisions to make, that its nice to have as much input as you can. And its especially helpful to have input from those who are in the process of building a home. I have read all of the blogs that have been linked and enjoyed them all! We just got our preliminary plans 2 days ago and I just loved them. But after pouring over them for the past two days there are a lot of changes that we want to make. I'd love to hear any of your suggestions!

Here is my blog:
http://kateshome.com

o

Everyone's blogs look great! So nice to have them all in one spot :)

Kate I left a comment on your photography post- hope it is helpful!

o

This is so cool! Thanks, sweet.reverie for starting this! Although my blog is not exclusively for building, I do blog about our build.
http://thescrappygirlnextdoor.blogspot.com

o

Good morning.
I have posted our blog on here before but wanted to kind of bump it.
I hope this does not go against any policies on here, but thought it was a cool opportunity for ya'll.

My wife has been putting together a very detailed binder with all of the details of our build and it is proven to be extremely useful. She made a very detailed set of binder tabs, dividers, etc...that help organizing your build very easy and efficiently. She recently decided to compile all of the materials and offer the kit for sale on Etsy (this is not a sales call!)
I did just want to let you all know that my wife has decided to kick off her Etsy store by giving away one of the organizational binder kits to one lucky. Just go to the most recent blog post and leave a comment (yep, it's that easy), and BLAM you are entered.

Again, if this post is in violation of any rules on here, just let me know and I will remove it, but in the mean time, check it out!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Blog

o

HELP! I want to do a blog about our house too...
Which way is the easiest way???
Thanks!
Pam

o

Kaljr82, love your wife's blogs and have entered the drawing! :)

This post was edited by sparkler39 on Sun, Mar 24, 13 at 22:30

o

Spottythecat: I use blogger for my blog- they are pretty easy to set up. Go to blogger.com to set one up :)

o

Hi all, great forum some real good advice and some good blogs here.Here is a link to my blog, Sort of trying to do it as a 'How to self build' style of blog, even though I am in Ireland, it might help someone.

Here is a link that might be useful: House Self Build

o

Hi! I love the Building a Home forum, and have been a long time reader of everyone's posts. So much great information, ideas, and suggestions! Also a lot of horror stories, which is kind of scary, and hope we don't experience! I finally joined now that we're building :)

This is the blog I started to document our journey. I think someone above said they might turn their blog in to a book someday, and I thought that was such a great idea. This is our first home, so we kept it within our budget, so nothing extravagant. Just a little 1700 sq ft semi-custom (probably the wrong term, but it's what I'm going with) home, that we're really excited about!

We're from Oklahoma by the way... haven't seen too many Okies on here. Sorry to bring an old thread back to life, but thanks for reading, if you do!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lot 14 // Iron Ridge

o

I know this is an old thread, but just thought I'd bump it to the top in case there are newer people that want to add!! :)

o

Duplicate...sorry!

This post was edited by loribug26 on Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 12:05

o

Thanks, loribug26! Here is mine.

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Building Adventure

o

I know this thread is old, but I have enjoyed looking at your blogs! My husband and I are first time home builders in Colorado. We are using a production builder and are customizing as much as they'll let us :) . We hope to move into our humble abode in March- now that we're in the drywall stage, I'm really enjoying reading up on how quickly things went (or didn't go) for you all!

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Home Happenings!

o

Great idea for a thread! We have been visiting GardenWeb throughout our design process and have made many changes to our plans based on everyone's feedback.

Here is a link that might be useful: Building Our Dream Home

o

We just started ours!

kastenhome.blogspot.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Kasten Home

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here