Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aimless07

Ikea hardware

Aims
9 years ago

Any bought hardware from Ikea? Lansa, Tyda, and and Vinna handles look appealing for my kitchen and their prices are less than the Richelieu hardware I was looking around at online.

I figured if I could trim a little cost in hardware but still get something that looks nice, that might help in other areas. I want the nicer granite for my kitchen so anything I save from other areas could be helpful :o)

Here is a link that might be useful: Ikea Hardware

Comments (6)

• kg4951
    9 years ago

We used ikea hardware a few years ago when we redid our kitchen. It was great, right price and the look we were going for. I would have loved to use it again for our new build but the style we used isn't made anymore :-(. I may revisit the store when we are closer to needing the hardware to see if I can find something I like. The price really can't be beat! The only problem, which wasn't much of a problem, was that we needed longer screws to go through our cabinets so I had to do a bit of searching to find what we needed. I don't recall the size but it was a metric size that wasn't a common size at my local hardware store.

• pookapie
    9 years ago

We installed Tyda on all of our drawers and cabinets for our new build earlier this year. Excellent quality and price. I don't think you'll be sorry - and if you are ever able to hold IKEA hardware in your hand at the same time as similar hardware that is 2-3 times more in cost, you will quickly see there is no difference in workmanship between the two.

• Awnmyown
    9 years ago

We did Lansa to save some money and had purchased a selection of handles to compare before we made that decision. Interestingly, the Lansa handles were on par with some twice the price, and certainly no worse than anything else more expensive we found.

We've had them on for a year now and no complaints. None have loosened, they still look great, we get tons of compliments and I don't think anyone notices that they weren't that expensive (we have $40k in cabinets and our handles cost *maybe* $300 when we got them on sale).

The *only* complaint I'd have is that I wished they came in more size selections. We just had so many different sized cabinets, I would have liked to have more size selection to match. Not that I think they turned out bad because of it.

I say save the money and go for it!! :)

• Aims
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I did notice there weren't a lot of sizes from each line, but I think we may giveIkea a shot.

• 8mpg
    9 years ago

look at cosmas on Amazon... cheaper and high quality

• MFatt16
    9 years ago

I bought Cosmas from Amazon and they are great in person. I ordered several styles based on comments here that quality is hit or miss. All mine are just fine. I also like the IKEA stuff but it didn't come in the color I was shopping for :)