Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do these lights match?

Posted by lzhwong (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 16, 12 at 20:07

I have an open concept floor plan where the kitchen is open to the breakfast area and family room. I will have 2 of the Clemson pendants over the kitchen island and 2 of the firefly chandeliers over a long rectangular table in the breakfast area. Just wanted to get some feedback as to whether these styles/finishes match. Thanks!

A few additional details - the kitchen will have white cabinets with Cambria torquay countertops and polished nickel pulls/faucets.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do these lights match?

firefly pendant

o

ceiling fan for great room

o

I know you want to hear otherwise, but I don't think they match. The firefly is more contemporary to me with the straight, clean lines and clear glass....

o

The firefly doesn't match, But the clear glass kinda makes them disappear. But I am not a fan of the fixture in general.

o

Thank you for your input. What type of chandelier do you think would coordinate with the Clemson pendants? My husband wasn't a big fan of the firefly lights. Back to the drawing board....

o

Not a fan of the firefly either. The others are fine. I would lean more traditional over the breakfast table as the island ones are fairly traditional but streamlined.

o

I agree with athensmom.... Also, I would try to find glass shades that are similarly opaque. I think that will help unite the fixtures.

o

ps. you could try cross-posting this on the Home Decorating forum.

o

Would anyone actually put spiral CF lamps in a clear pendant fixture?

o

I would actually not do the glass on the breakfast table. Too matchy matchy for my taste. I would get something without glass. You can stay with the silvery finish but even that isn't necessary (and I probably wouldn't). Maybe a wood fixture with a silvery or burnished gold with silver finish. . . .

o

Your picture of the Clemson looks like opaque white glass, but is it actually clearish ribbed like this one? I'm posting it in case it helps others brainstorm a good companion:

If you do a search on houzz.com on "clemson pendant" you'll see some pictures of kitchens that have it plus other kinds of lights, like this picture:

houzz also shows 'related products' at the bottom, like this:

and this Grosvenor downlight which comes in a 3 light and a 1 light; looks brassy here but it also comes in a pewter/dark silver finish:

Ceiling Lights > GROSVENOR ONE-LIGHT DOWNLIGHT

o

Would something like this match the Clemson pendants?

Thanks again for any input!

o

Go with something that is similar to your other light fixtures.
There are a few samples in the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clemson

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here