Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janealexa_gw

mydreamhome...question for you!

janealexa
12 years ago

Hi mydreamhome, was wondering if you ever hung that chandelier from Overstock in your bathroom. Do you like it? Would love to see a pic:) Thanks!

Comments (7)

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

Hi JaneAlexa! Its up, but missing some crystals (that's why I haven't posted a photo)--it came that way (according to the electrician--don't know that I necessarily believe that) and we're supposed to be getting replacements. I'll snap a photo of it for you tomorrow (DH is a light sleeper & I don't want to wake him). I'll snap another when all the crystals are on it, too. I will say it's much darker than in the online photo--more oil rubbed than bronze showing, but it is a cute fixture.

• janealexa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi mydreamhome! So glad you saw my post! Looking forward to seeing it!

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

JaneAlexa-Here you go. I will be the first to admit these are not the best photos--I had to use my webcam as I can't locate the battery charger for the camera in all the moving boxes :-) If you click on the photo, it will take you into my photo album on photobucket and you can zoom them in a little closer if you like. Keep in mind that some of the symmetry is off with the crystals due to the ones that are missing. Hope these help!

• janealexa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi mydreamhome! Just saw your post now, thank you SO much for taking the time to respond. It is adorable! I ordered it for our powder room quite some time ago and it is still at the lighting store with our other fixtures until we are ready to install. I'm considering purchasing another one for the master bath...

You have a beautiful home!! Have you done any GW finished pics posts?

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

Thanks, Janealexa! Glad I could help & I apologize again for the delay. I think you'll be happy with it--just make sure all your crystals are on it. Unlike the other chandeliers in my house, this one came fully assembled--on all the others the crystals were packed separately & I had to attach them.

I've been waiting to do the final full reveal until the moving boxes were out of the way & my range hood was reinstalled (we've been without it for 6 weeks leaving a gaping unfinished hole in the cabinetry with an ugly giant vent pipe extending from the ceiling). There are bits & pieces of the house in pics in different threads on GW, but not the full set. I'll probably post some later this month. If there is a particular room you need to see, let me know & I'll post it :-)

Have a great weekend!

• krmanda
    12 years ago

The lady at the lighting gallery said for me to look in the small chandelier category for master bath. Do you all agree? 10' ceilings

• janealexa
    Original Author
    12 years ago

mydreamhome, thanks so much, you've been so kind! I would love to see pics of the kids' finished bath. I will have similar colors in one of our baths so was wondering how yours came out. Thank you again!!

krmanda, in general I think mini chandeliers work best in bathrooms, but it also depends on the size of your bathroom. I've seen some people do regular size chandeliers and hang them closer to the ceiling. Look at www.houzz.com for picture ideas. HTH!