Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
spencess

Framer or builder in Ohio

spencess
10 years ago

Hello,

I am looking for suggestions on builders or framers in Southwestern Ohio. We are wanting to build a 2400 sq. ft two story home on land we already own. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (5)

• mainecoonkitty
    10 years ago

I can give you the name of a wonderful Amish builder, based in Millersburg who built our house. I highly recommend him and he built a very similar, slightly larger house for us on 8 acres we owned. I don't know how far you are away, but he builds in Holmes, Coshocton, Knox, Licking and Delaware counties primarily, but might consider going further away. He is very well known for high quality workmanship and we selected him after interviewing about 20 other builders. He builts in all price ranges - from $150,000 to over a million. The only problem is that he is so highly in demand that he usually has a waiting list. He has built many houses in our area and realtors who sell the houses he has built use "built by Schlabach" in their ads because his houses are that much in demand for their quality.

Schlabach Builders Limited

(330) 674-9386

7008 Sr 82, Millersburg, OH 44654

• constructingharmony
    7 years ago

Would you mind sharing their approximate price per square foot to build? I'm considering building my own house similar in size, approx. 2,800 sq ft. and trying to get an idea of price range. Thanks so much!

• cpartist
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

It is almost impossible to give you an idea of price per square foot.

For example, are you planning on siding your house with cedar shakes, hardie plank or vinyl? Each is a different price point.

How about the roof you're planning on putting on. A standard asphalt roof? Cement tile? Metal? If metal, are you doing standing seam or 5v?

Are you planning on putting in carpet? If so what grade of carpet? Not carpet? How about tile? No? What about Luxury Vinyl Tile? Laminate? Or hardwood? If hardwood are you doing site finished boards or engineered?

How about your counters? Formica? Granite? Quartz?

Appliances? Are you doing something like Frigidaire or are you hoping to put in Sub Zero and Wolf appliances?

And even things like moldings. Are they going to be paint grade? Or stained? If stained, what kind of wood? And what size?

Even in my area here in SW FL, I could build the same 2000 square foot house with a 2 car garage for anywhere from $265,000 on up to $1,500,000. It all depends on what I'm looking for in finishes.

The house for $265,000 will give me builder basic finishes, with clamshell moldings, an asphalt roof, only a 14 seer AC, inexpensive carpeting in the bedrooms, inexpensive tile in the bathrooms with molded shower and tub surrounds, and probably laminate flooring throughout the rest of the house. It would include formica counters throughout, a basic appliance package, and builder grade windows.

Compare that to the million plus house which would probably have a standing seam roof, detailed moldings in cherry or oak finish, at least a 16 seer AC, hardwood flooring throughout with specialty tile (think natural stone) in the bathrooms. If the person opted for carpet in the bedroom, it would be a high grade plush carpet with extra padding. Showers and tubs would be tiled, and all counters would probably be granite, quartzite or quartz. Appliances would be the top of the line. Think Miele, Wolf, Subzero. And windows would be custom.

• bobbyboob
    7 years ago

Why do people resurrect posts that are nearing 4 YEARS OLD???

Does anyone look at the date before posting?

On the first few pages alone there are...2 posts from 2012, 7 from 2013 and 1 from 2014!

• cpartist
    7 years ago

bobby, what happens is they do a google search and then come to the thread and post. Asking for the name of a builder though is generic enough except for the fact the person wanted to get a square foot price. LOL