Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
These are a few of my favorite things... in my home.

Posted by Deidreh (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 12 at 15:13

I designed our home about 4 years ago since I couldn't find a plan I loved. I do love some of the things I put in my home and wanted to share.
I LOVE having electricity in my island. I used a whole slab of granite and didn't let them cut any off the ends. It is 9'X4.5' and has cabinets on both ends (one end is the pull out trashcans) the other is party supplies and my printer. It also has cabinets under the overhang sitting area. All other storage on the island is drawers.
The pantry is in the corner (I hate lazy susans)
I have my microwave in the pantry. LOVE IT !!
We bought 4' outlet power strips and put them under the back edge of the cabinets so that there are NO plugs in the backsplash. LOVE IT
My granite countertop is my windowsill and so I put the garbage disposal switch under the cabinet.
I have a plug in the broom closet in the laundry room for my swiffer vac. LOVE IT. The breaker box is inside the broom closet.
The understairs closet at the back, opens into my little girls room for a hideaway. It has lights and electricity.
10 ceiling fans downstairs, most with remotes!! LOVE IT.

SO these are some of my all time favorite things. I hope you like them and find the useful.

What are your all time favorites???

Happy building

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: These are a few of my favorite things... in my home.

We just hid our microwave in a tall deep cabinet. You can't see it & yet it's easily accessible. Just make a hole in the back for the cord. And it's not built in so if it breaks we can just replace it.

o

We just hid our microwave in a tall cabinet. You can't see it & yet it's easily accessible. Just make a hole in the back for the cord. And it's not built in so if it breaks we can just replace it. LOVE IT TOO!

o

Here is a picture of the island :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here