Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellymou77

Possible floor plan - thoughts,please!!

kellymou77
9 years ago

Hello,

I'm a first time poster on this board and am in the process of designing a house. It will sit on a 1-acre corner lot, where the house is situated on top of a hill and at an angle. The back will face woods, but the front will face beautiful hilly roads through the neighborhood and a river. Therefore, the best views are arguably going to be in the front of the house.

The attached sketch is rough and not to scale, so it's just a concept right now. My question for all of you is what changes would you make? Does anyone have photos of a house that has a similar layout?

My concerns are that I've never actually been in a house that's oriented this way (kitchen in the front that runs straight back into the dinette), but we are considering this concept because I spend the vast majority of my time in the kitchen, so I better be looking at something pretty! And I can watch my two kids (4, 5) out the front window when they're playing.

Another concern about this plan is that I feel like putting the kitchen in the front to capture the views has actually cost me windows in the back. I was hoping the sun room would be surrounded by windows, but I'm not sure how to accomplish that while keeping the angled garage.

Any feedback from all of you would be welcome! Thank you so much!

Comments (2)