Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
3ilovepie

Help me pick brick....

3ilovepie
9 years ago

I've attached an image of a home similar to what ours will look like when complete...a few differences...

Our home will not have a garage, it will have a stone skirt at bottom and on porch columns. We will have copper awning on bay window and above front door. Our windows are gray. http://vinylbilt.com/accessory.php?ref=Colours casement with interior pewter mullions.

We are looking at redland bricks http://www.redlandbrick.com/onlinecatalog/brick-colors/Burgundy-bricks

The windows are ordered.... Must be a brick that will go nicely with gray. We like the red and burgundy tones. Also, would be nice to have a colour that is not too dark or purple/mauve (DH will scowl). The brick in the image is too dark for our taste.

Thanks!

Comments (4)

• ontariomom
    9 years ago

I see you are from Canada. Let us know where in Canada you are located as Hansen brick and other brick suppliers have certain local bricks. No use falling in love with a red brick that needs to be shipped in from the US.

Carol

• 3ilovepie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi, we are in Toronto.

I wanted to go local - we checked out Brampton Brick. Unfortunately the colours/mix weren't quite what we want.

Hanson has some nice options - but the ones that are local are not the size we are looking for. We prefer mod or slightly larger. I'm not a fan of large bricks on small homes.

That's how we ended up at Redland. Colours and sizes are suitable. But - yes- local would have been nice.

• ontariomom
    9 years ago

You house looked like a Toronto house! We are in Guelph. Where is Redland located? We used the brick called Crawford from Brampton Brick in the queen size. The Max size of Crawford was very orangey, but he queen size was much redder. The two sizes of Crawford from Brampton Brick did not look the same at all! I would avoid the Max size of Crawford. We drove all around Ontario looking at red brick and loved the queen Crawford the best. Not sure if it is anything like what you are looking for though. Here is a picture of our brick in case you did not explore what Crawford looks like in a queen brick size.

Carol

Here is a close up shot:

• 3ilovepie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

OntarioMom, lovely home!

I suppose the fact its such a compact home is a bit of a Toronto giveaway ;-)

We looked at Btampton Brick - but we are looking for something with a bit more variation in range. Im not sure we have a concrete idea of what we want - but based on the windows, copper awnings and stone we think red/burgandy with gray in it should work. was Hoping to get some outside perspective - as sometimes its someone looking in that gives the best guidance.

We like the overall look in this picture - just want brick to be a bit more diverse...