Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aimless07

Have you changed your mind a lot on finishes?

Aims
9 years ago

I think I am driving hubby a little nuts bc I keep changing my mind on stuff. Like I had picked Sherwin Williams Bungalow Beige for our interior but now I am leaning towards finding a greige since it seems to be a balance of warm and cool.

And I am wanting to change our granite bc I think what we have picked is plain and uninteresting.

It's not like I want to drive him crazy! I guess I am indecisiveness and overwhelmed by the zillions of things to choose from.

Comments (2)

• mrsb1227
    9 years ago

I've changed my mind lots on so many different things. The day my builder was going to order the siding I ended up changing the color on him (so glad I did!) It's hard not to go back and forth, so many decisions and we want to get it right. I'll see a picture of something and then I second guess choices I've already made. I almost breathe a sigh of relief when things are ordered because I can then stop overthinking and rethinking those decisions because it is too late to go back!

• autumn.4
    9 years ago

aimless-well not really? DH was so busy with gcing that he didn't want anything to do with the granite and that bugged me. He likes it but while I was busy sweating it out he didn't care or have time to care? For certain things like faucets and sinks it was a set it and forget it. I actually ordered on line the day after Thanksgiving (even that stuff is on sale) and what was done was done. I did change my mind on the 1/2 bath faucet but was able to cancel and order what I wanted. It was bugging me from the time I clicked 'submit order'. I was trying to be cost conscious and it was a little bit more. It is my favorite one.

We did change our shingles at the last minute and so glad. We dodged a huge miss with that one.

Funny though - now I work in the flooring industry (started at the tale end of our build) and thankfully I can honestly say I haven't seen anything that makes me regret the choices I made - I guess that's a good thing. ;)

Granite-I read your other thread. I was choosing between 2 and neither were budget 'friendly'. I like what I have but I honestly think there are a few that I would have been very happy with. At the time though I tortured myself, lol. I would say if you already just feel meh, not really liking it then I probably wouldn't do it. It's too expensive at any level to just say okay to it if you already don't care for it so much. And just to freak you out a little more - I think they look different horizontal than vertical. I see things now that I didn't see then. Some that are wow so cool and a few - hmm didn't notice that before. Oh well. I picked out the exact slab at the stone yard. Confirmed visually that it's the one the fabricator ended up receiving and told him where to place the template. I'd do it that way again if it's any stone with movement or individual character. My slab had some really different sections. It was not homogenous at all. By the way - it is alaska white as well. I also liked river white too. So much beauty it's hard to choose just one!

Hang in there. It will be okay in the end. The journey is the crazy roller coaster part. I wanted to jump a few times but I made sure I had my seat belt on and a bag of chocolate at all times.

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz