Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Light switches & electrical outlets??

Posted by hedgehoggy (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 1, 12 at 10:37

What kind of light switches and electrical outlets styles are you using. Do most people use the Decora style or the toggle type? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Light switches & electrical outlets??

Still deciding whether or not we want to install a Vantage system in which case we'll use its keypads, otherwise Decora it is. I'm fussy about such things and have spec'ed screwless faceplates. They cost a few cents more than the standard but look much cleaner (provided you aren't going for a decorative/metal one that has nice looking screws). The toggle kind reads "1970s" to me. The only toggles I do like are the 1950s-era mechanical ones that have a very positive ka-thunk when you throw them, but I don't think they make those anymore.

o
RE: Light switches & electrical outlets??

We went with push button ones - old style but they look really cool! They sell light switch plates that have holes in them for buttons & you just push a button to turn it on or off or turn it for a dimmer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here