Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
byro007_gw

New Home Drawings Almost Complete. Cititcs

byro007
10 years ago

We have our drawing down for the most part right now. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas for good or bad on this drawing. Also we are building this home and are wondering what this home should come in as far as price wise with mid to high range finish.
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae300/joshbyro/homepics1.png
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae300/joshbyro/homepics.png
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae300/joshbyro/homepics2.png

This post was edited by byro007 on Thu, Oct 3, 13 at 9:46

Comments (9)

• ChrisStewart
    10 years ago

your links do not work.

• mjwkr2000
    10 years ago

Helping you out with the links:

{{gwi:1504249}}

{{gwi:1504250}}

{{gwi:1504251}}

• lolauren
    10 years ago

The pics are a bit small to tell dimensions. If you can blow them up, that would help for comments to be more accurate.

What is to the left of the front door.... that open space w/ a window?

I would really hate the fridge and pantry being so far apart. For practically every meal, I grab items from both. It is a lot more convenient when they are side-by-side.

What do you plan on fitting in the nook? With the various doors and walkways around it, will whatever it is fit?

• bpath
    10 years ago

Tell us a little about life in the house: how many people, little kids or teens, work-at-home?

Imagine a table in the nook: how do you get in and out of the bedroom?

Imagine wanting to get into the closet, but someone is, um, indisposed. Put the toilet in a water closet or rearrange.

Seems like a high roof for a single-story house? Depending on your region, the heat bill could be as high as the roof.

Dimensions?

• byro007
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lolauren...to the left of the front door is a room we wanted to open up hence no door. We plan on putting our piano in there and making that a antique looking sitting room.
    Regarding fridge-pantry, our island will be the point of action, anything I would grab from fridge or pantry will more than likely end up there or by stove.
    The nook will just have a bench insert. So no concerns with doors and walking around things.

Bpathome....it is just my wife and 3yr old son. Neither of us work from home.
    Bathroom, closet situation...not to concerned about that. We don't mind.

Any thoughts on price for this home??

• rrah
    10 years ago

Building costs vary tremendously across the country and even within the same state. It would be difficult without knowing more for someone to ballpark it.

• lazy_gardens
    10 years ago

any thoughts on price for this home??

The most cost-effective build is a simple square box ... Every bump-out and jog you add increases the cost because it's one more corner to frame, and one more complication in the roofline.

I'm looking at that funky roofline and shuddering at the cost of framing the roof. As well as the difficulty of properly flashing all the valleys.

Simplify the roofline by getting rid of the little eyebrows and elevation changes wherever you can. The garage door can be served by a plain awning roof -it doesn't need the gable thingy. The bath bump-out can be converted to a bay window, or eliminated. The lower right corner has a bunch of jogs that don't seem to have a purpose.

• millworkman
    10 years ago

My initial thoughts were the same as lazygardens. As the roofline and foundation goes so do the $.

• millworkman
    10 years ago

My initial thoughts were the same as lazygardens. As the roofline and foundation goes so do the $.