Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stuckhelp420

Master Bathroom Layout help!! ASAP

StuckHelp420
9 years ago

My husband posted earlier and we took the advice and we will be adding two feet onto our master bathroom. We are stuck on where to position everything. I really want to keep the bathroom where it is. I like the laundry room coming into the master closet. Any help on the bathroom layout would be appreciated!!! Thank you!

Comments (4)

• mrspete
    9 years ago

It'd be helpful to see the whole plan.

I think you have too much "stuff" for the space allotted:

- Four doors in a bath this small is just too many. The shower door and the bedroom door are going to bump against one another. The closet door is forced to bump "into" the closet -- note that this means it's covering a portion of the clothes behind the door. So you'll have to enter the closet and close the door to reach these things. Because I never, ever close the closet door, I think I'd opt for a pocket door -- but, then, that requires a thicker wall, which eats into your already small space.

- A 5'4" sink vanity can't comfortably support two sinks. And if you push it and squeeze them in, you'll have no drawers for storage. It's better to go with ONE good, usable sink. In this small space, I think I'd choose a console sink with a shelf underneath for towel storage -- it would allow some "visual space" in an otherwise small bathroom. And then you'd have space for a 12" linen tower beside the sink.

- A bath this size really can't support a toilet-in-a-closet, and squishing it in means that you have no natural light in the bathroom itself. Better to go with a pony wall for a bit of privacy . . . but skip the full-fledged door.

- The shower's 4x3. Exactly what I have in my house now. It's a decent-sized shower, but not luxurious by any means. You do not have room for a bench in this shower.

- Where are you going to hang your shower towels?

- I think the main bathroom door is hinged in the wrong way. I think you'd want to enter the bathroom and orient yourself "away from" the shower . . . and you'd want to naturally walk towards the sink /closet.

• lethargo
    9 years ago

The shower looks tiny! Are you adding 2' to this plan, or is this with the 2' added?

• amoore1205
    9 years ago

I would try to use a few pocket doors if possible. Saves a lot of space and offers a very clean look.

• weedyacres
    9 years ago

That's a giant toilet closet and a small shower. I'd swap the 2. The shower space is wide enough to accommodate a toilet facing "down."

What's the door out the other side of the toilet closet? A secret escape hatch?

You could fit 2 sinks if you split them and put them along the closet wall, with the door in between them. You'd need to change the bath door, either to an outswing (into the bedroom) or a pocket door. If you moved the sinks you could then put a window on the current sink wall.