Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bwood74

Internet Plumbing, Lighting and other supplier sites?

bwood74
13 years ago

What are some of the better discount builder supply site?

Comments (10)

• joyce_6333
    13 years ago

The recommendation I've gotten from this forum is faucetdirect.com. I believe they are one of the highest rated retailers on the internet.

Joyce

Here is a link that might be useful: Faucet Direct

• klabio
    13 years ago

I concur that the various front ends of Build.com are the way to go. When I built back in 06-07 and a few times since then they had great prices, a highly functional website, and top notch customer service. Faucetdirect.com is one of their sites.

Here is a link that might be useful: Build.com Network of Sites

• stayn2busy
    13 years ago

I have placed several online orders. The ones I've been most impressed with are the CNS stores. There are several stores ... lighting, plumbing, knobs etc. They offer free shipping, no tax (except in their home state) and the orders are sent very quickly with tracking emails to keep up with where your order is at. I did order all my large appliances from www.homeeverything.com and seriously, I wouldn't recommend them. I did get all my appliances about 2 months later, the FD SS frig was damaged in transit, so I refused it, called them and had a new replacement within 7 days. I bought all my blanco silgranit sinks from a company on eBay. It was free shipping, no tax, plus buying through Mr. Rebates.com I got another 3% rebate. Their customer service was wonderful... I called to make sure I had ordered everything I needed and they gave me another 10% off. They shipped from Florida and I had my sinks, drains, and grids within two weeks. They also sent tracking numbers. Faucets.direct is higher on their prices, but certainly a reputable company. I also ordered my door hardware from www.doorhardwareplus.com (I think it's a CNS store) and they were much cheaper than the local big box store. My Baldwin sets came from www.handlesets.com and I was very pleased with their service. My husband was the GC for our build and he opened up a commercial credit card at Lowe's and everything purchased is between 5 - 15% off. Also, Sherwin Williams will give you a discount on your paint if you have an account. Every little bit helps. Good luck!

• bh401
    13 years ago

We are in th process of building a new home also. I've ordered alot of stuff online. faucetdirect.com (laundry sink), lightinguniverse.com(this is an ATG store-huge selections got alot of lights plus apron front SS sink for kitchen at sister site ), handlesets.com(saved a ton on door hardware!)My favorite right now is Lightingnewyork.com(saved $1000 on my outdoor lights-Hinkley) and don't forget overstock.com
    Always check each sight for a better deal whether-live chat or call the 800# One site offered nothing off on my Hinkley lights, one offered 10%, then I found LNY-25% but you have to call them. Price checking got me my $1300 vessel sink vanity for 1/2bath for $630 + free shipping! Don't forget free shipping, alot of sites offer it. By the time you pay shipping on another site it my end up costing you more.

• Ron Natalie
    13 years ago

I bought a ton of stuff over the year from faucet.com
    (note faucet not faucets)

• kelhuck
    12 years ago

I'd like to revive this thread. Does anyone have any other sites they'd like to recommend for low prices?

• shkish
    12 years ago

i have been very pleased with quality of products and excellent customer service at Build.com (including faucetdirect.com, lightingdirect.com and handleset.com) and GalaxyToolSupply.com (for sinks).

• brickeyee
    12 years ago

"Does anyone have any other sites they'd like to recommend for low prices?"

Just remember low material cost saving will be quickly gobbled up in any delay in having the items available when required.

• nini804
    12 years ago

I was so pleased with Vintage Tub and Bath...they had fabulous customer service, free shipping, and will hold your tub until your builder is ready for it. I saved almost $1000 on my tub with no headaches whatsoever.

• mjtx2
    12 years ago

I second the great service from csnstores.com (they just rebranded as wayfair.com. See this: http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/news/2011/09/01/csn-stores-launches-wayfair-e-commerce.html)

I ordered four unassembled wood stools from them. They arrived in good order, but one of them needed the tabs to cover the screw holes. One of the stools also didn't look too good (some scratches on its parts) and they not only sent out the new wood tabs but also another complete stool. I didn't even have to return the "bad" one, so it got put together and is in use in a more obscure part of the house. The customer service experience was just excellent. Highly recommend.