Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtnlaw

how do I include photos in a post?

mtnlaw
15 years ago

I'm sorry if this has been answered a thousand times, but I've tried every combination of search terms and still cannot find instructions for including a picture with a post. The GW site says it has instructions but they are nowhere to be found. thanks

Comments (4)

• thegolfguy
    15 years ago

Hello mtnlaw,

Here's the steps that you need to take. I'll try to keep it very simple as it's a pretty simple process but I'm not sure of your computer knowledge so I won't skip anything.

1. You have to sign up with a hosting service on the web to host your photo's. I use Photobucket.com, it's a free service for you to use.

2. After signing up, upload your photos from your computer to photobucket.com. You will see a blue button that mentions uploading photos.

3. Click the button and find where your photo's are located on your computer and click the photo and choose upload.

4. After uploading the photos, look under each photo and you will see a few different options for code. Look for the 3rd line I believe under HTML. Copy that code by right clicking your mouse on top of it and click Copy.

5. Return to Gardenweb and in the Message area that you type in simply paste that same code in the box.

6. Depending on how you want to insert your photos you can write your text above and paste all the code underneath each other to show all the photos in order. If you want to add text underneath each photo simply after pasting the code skip a line and then write the text you wish to use underneath the code and continue from there.

7. Hit the preview button to see how it looks. You can always go back to make changes before hitting the final submit button.

Hope this helps! After doing it once or twice it's cake.

Thank you!

• coffeehaus
    15 years ago

Mtnlaw...I know how you feel. When I first started posting, it took several frustrating tries of trial and error to finally get a photo to appear on a post. I started with Photobucket, but my build photos were archived on Picasa, which conveniently links to my blog. I didn't want to mess with 2 photo websites, so now I use Picasa...easy and free like Photobucket. Once you have your photo selected on the Picasa web album page, you can see an options box on the right for linking or embedding a photo, and size options: thumbnail, small, medium (my usual) etc. Select the size, right click on the embed box, copy, then paste into your post...just like the golfguy's instructions. Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Picasa

• claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
    15 years ago

You don't have to set up an account at a hosting site if you use TinyPic.com.

The photo files on your computer must be in a format such as jpeg or jpg.

Using Tiny Pic, you hit the "Choose File" button and it searches your computer desktop. Choose one then select a size ("Resize" button), and then UPLOAD NOW.

When the file is uploaded, copy the HTML tag, not the IMG tag.

Paste the HTML tag in your post.

This is the easiest way I know.

Claire

• bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
    15 years ago

This question really does come up all the time! I just sent a message to GW asking them to please post instructions for the process in an easily locatable place... and to write them in real English for the non-technogeeks among us. I linked to this thread in hopes that they'll just borrow Golfguy's language. Hopefully they'll do so.