Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
huntsville_gw

New pictures...almost done!!

huntsville
16 years ago

I've been getting advice from this site since we started on our house. After close to 10 months, it seems like we will done in a month. I've attached some pictures of the house. Thank you all for this great site.

Comments (48)

• luckymom23
    16 years ago

Your home is beautiful! You must be thrilled, thanks for sharing your pictures!

• nc_sandyfeet
    16 years ago

Me too-WOW!!!
    I especially LOVE your backspash-really WOW!
    Sandy

• juniork
    16 years ago

That's hilarious...my first impression was also WOW! Love how the lower kitchen cabinets have 'legs' to look like furniture. Sorry, I'm such a novice that I don't know the correct terminology for that. Incredible mouldings...fitting for a plantation in the South! Congratulations!

• charliedawg
    16 years ago

I 4th the "wow"!!! It's gorgeous. I bet you are bursting at the seems to get in there. It's truly an amazing home.

• dixiedoodle
    16 years ago

Gorgeous millwork inside! I really like the casings. And, thanks for the staircase picture. I just handed this same design to the sales guy at the lumber yard to work up the materials needed. It's great to have a picture to show him too! But, my personal favorite- your bonus room with that ceiling...so cool! Enjoy your beautiful new home.

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Lotsa' detail in that place!! Just lovely. The exterior is gorgeous.

Charming!

• twitchy
    16 years ago

WOW!!! Unbelievably gorgeous! Your mouldings are incredible! Congratulations!

• huntsville
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for all your comments. I am ready to move in, but my excitement has gone down tremendously since i started building. Didn't realize that it will be this hard to build a house...but a really good experience :) Learned how to handle stress throughout this process.

I think trim was the best thing that happend in this house. I took a chance with this young guy who have not done a house by himself..i mean him acting as the lead. He came out to be really really creative. I would just tell him to make it look good and he did all that himself. I probably had about 20% input. I'm glad i chose him.

Well, i got almost all my ideas from this site and I really appreciate that.

• sharlanet
    16 years ago

Another WOW! That millwork is gorgeous! I love your staircase too. Actually, there really isn't anything I don't love. Would love to see pics after you move in and see it decorated! Congrats!

• hoosiergirl
    16 years ago

SUCH a pretty home!!! I, too, love all the details -- fantastic trim work! Our colors are very similar (other than the red -- our DR is blue). I hope you're happy with yours -- I LOVE ours and am so glad we went with the golds & greens!

Don't worry about not being excited. You'll get back to normal after you move into your beautiful home and it will all be worth it in the end. Thanks for sharing!

• bebetokids
    16 years ago

Very very nice-I too love the trim work. I'm sure you are just busting to get in there! I love the kitchen and your bonus room.

• teach2007
    16 years ago

HUNTSVILLE, your house is BEAUTIFUL!!! Do you mind giving me the measurements of what looks like a bonus room... with the slanted ceilings. I will have one similar in my house which will be used as my husband's office. The knee wall is 4 feet, and it looks like yours may be the same. How wide is your room? Thanks.

• jennyn
    16 years ago

Huntsville,
    Your house is just absolutely beautiful! Do you mind telling me what color paint is on your wall? I'm trying to get the same shade of yellow. Also, where did you purchase the decorative item behind your cook range? Thanks.

Jenny

• lindybarts
    16 years ago

I echo the WOW statements! Just gorgeous! Your style is definitely right up my ally! Congratulations! Enjoy every minute in your beautiful home!

Lindy

• huntsville
    Original Author
    16 years ago

teach2007,
    I will find out the measurments tonight and post it. We have our bonus room right on top of our garage. I'm pretty sure the knee wall is 4 feet. I'll verify that when i get back from work

Jenny,
    Our main color is BM Hathaway gold, DR is BM Spanish Red, Study is BM Ivy league.
    I tried lots of samples of yellow before i finally chose hathaway gold.
    I just picked up that decorative piece from a tile place here in town. I think you can find it in any tile place.

• jennymama
    16 years ago

Beautiful! LOVE all the millwork!

• skagit_goat_man_
    16 years ago

Nothing else to say but Beautiful. Tom

• sierraeast
    16 years ago

Fine detailing inside and out. Nice home!

• jgirl_2007
    16 years ago

Totally gorgeous! I love all the trim work, color choices, entry doors. It's all beautiful. I'm sure it's very exciting to be so close to completion.

I did notice on your entry doors, the glass is somewhat muted. Is it wavy glass? We'll have similar doors made for us. DH really wants clear glass. Because of the privacy factor I'd like something a little different. Did you get to design the wrought iron work?

• badin
    16 years ago

Everything is lovely, but I especially like the front porches and the trim. What a terrific carpenter you have. The detail in the bonus room is wonderful and so different. It's not too unusual to see coffered ceilings and other special millwork on the main floor in such a nice house, but to see the detail also continue upstairs is special.

• maj1k
    16 years ago

Not my taste, but it's easy too see how much work was put into your design touches. Nice job.

• huntsville
    Original Author
    16 years ago

jgirl_2007,

The glass on our entry door is called antique glass. It is kinda wavy. I got that door from one of the lumber store here in town. I got it on sale. According to the sales person, a builder ordered it and didn't get it, so they put it for sale. I wasn't sure if it would go with the look of our house, but i guess it came out good :)

I knew that the trim guy did a good job, but after seeing all these nice comments about the trim, i'm really happy that we got him :) He really put lots of trim upstairs also. His price was the best among all the quotes that we got.

I will post more pictures when everything's done...hopefully 3 more weeks.

Thanks

• dixiedoodle
    16 years ago

huntsville- Okay, I'm still obsessed with your bonus room! In that picture, it looks like there are dormer windows on the right side...are there matching ones on the left? If not, does the left side just terminate at a knee wall that matches the right side? If it is the latter, then your set-up is exactly the same as mine. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...may I please steal this trim idea from you?! :)

• worthy
    16 years ago

Wonderful interior detailing, trim carpentry and era-reminescent colour choices.

I think I'll copy those photos and claim it's mine! ;-)

• kulagal
    16 years ago

Huntsville: How wonderful to see a truly beautiful home. I fell in love with your kitchen. Would you mind sharing the name of your granite and faucet? Also, your backsplash. I just love how that all went together especially with the paint color. I'm sure your cabs were custom made. Local or well known on the web? Thanks for posting and can't wait to see the final touches. We've only just begun - we're in the design phase still.

• huntsville
    Original Author
    16 years ago

teach2007,I found out that the knee wall is 5 ft and the room is 15ft by 35ft.

dixiedoodle, yes there are dormers on both sides. Of course you can steal the trim idea. I'll post more detailed pictures this weekend :)

Kulagal, Our granite is called Niagara gold from G&L marble in Atlanta. It's one of the african series granite. The one in the bathroom is called Juparan tier with ivory coast. It's also from the same place.
    I got the faucet from nationalfaucetwarehouse.com. It's Danze faucets. Our cabinet is custom made from a local store.

• kelntx
    16 years ago

First thing DH and I said was WOW! Your home is beautiful!!! I love everything about it! The trim work is beyond beautiful. I told DH you were about a month out and he said "I'm ready to move in now!". Very nice job. Reminds me of some homes in Northern PA we looked at once.

I can't wait to see more pictures!!!

• vfish
    16 years ago

Wow has been said too many times, but not for this house, Wow!
    Great job in all areas you have shown us, I can't wait for more pictures. Congrats on such a great job and enjoy your new home.
    Vicki

• sis3
    16 years ago

Congratulations to you and your trim guy! Your house is beautiful! With this level of finish the build could easily have taken much longer than 10 months!!

• pghsteelerfan
    16 years ago

Simply gorgeous!!! You have excellent taste!! I'm sure you'll be very happy in that beautiful house!

• auburnfan
    16 years ago

Your home is breathtaking! I especially love the trim around the arch to the dining room. Mine will have the arch and the columns, but I wish I would have seen that beautiful trim around the arch a month ago!

Is the house in Huntsville, AL (or TX)? If you're in AL, I'm pretty close to you - building in Madison. We're still a couple of months out.

Anyway, I hope you'll post more after you move in.

• huntsville
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey auburnfan, i'm building in Madison, AL also. Where are you building in madison?

You can come by and check the house if you're not too far away from our house :)

• amyks
    16 years ago

I hate to be a lemming but I have to say it...WOW! Not an original comment to this post, I know, but that is just a beautiful house. I have rarely seen such incredible millwork. Congratulations! Enjoy that gorgeous home.

Amy

• auburnfan
    16 years ago

Small world. We're building in Windstone off of Old Madison Pike. The link at the bottom is the only picture I have access to right now.

And you? You must be in Clift's Cove or Highland Lakes?

Here is a link that might be useful:

• huntsville
    Original Author
    16 years ago

auburnfan,
    I might have seen your house..i have to go through madison pike everyday to go to work. Is it preety close to the model house in windstone?

We're building in Bell Grove. It's a really small subdivision right off of Eastview. We don't even have a sign....for some reason, the developers does not seem to want to advertise....

Well, you're more than welcome to drop by :)

• kellyeng
    16 years ago

Beautiful trim/interior detail! Your trim guy was quite a find and your good taste doesn't hurt either!

• auburnfan
    16 years ago

Our house is in the back of the neighborhood, so you can't see it from OMP.

I've never heard of Bell Grove, but if your house is any indication it must be very nice. That's a great location. I'll have to cruise through sometime.

• kats
    16 years ago

What a pretty home! I just love how you carried the look throughout. Well done!

• missstaceyh
    16 years ago

Wow! I love your style! I am in the beginning stages of the building process and I found your pictures to be very inspirational. Loved the iron railing, backsplash and your front door is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Do you know where you got it? Brand name? Thanks and enjoy your new home!

• fabianl
    16 years ago

All of the pictures are stunning. May I ask if you used an designer for all of these rooms? If so, would you please refer the designer to me? Thank you.

• fabianl
    16 years ago

All of the pictures of your new house are stunning. May I ask if you hired an designer? If so, would you please share the information with me? Thank you.

• huntsville
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry Missstaceyh, i have not visited this site in a while since i've started to move. Thursday is our big move day.
    We got the door from a local lumber yard.
    Check this site:
    http://www.mouldingassociates.com/largeimage.php?productid=445

Fabianl,
    I do not have a designer. I did it myself. I toured may houses during parade of homes and put all different ideas together to build this house.
    I will post final pictures when i get done with my move.

• vancleaveterry
    15 years ago

Love to see some more pics of this home.

• phoggie
    15 years ago

WOW....I LOVE your home....(although it is out of my budget, but I love looking anyway)
    Would you please post more pics of your kitchen on the "Kitchen" forum?
    I hope you enjoy your new home for many, many years.

• mdc08
    15 years ago

Simply lovely! What color is your counter top? Is it granite or quartz? What about your cabinets? They just flow!

• sallen2008
    15 years ago

huntsville, where did you get the hardware for your stairway. It is beautiful!

• kjflyhigh
    15 years ago

Just gorgeous! Is that acid washed granite?