Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cbeth85_gw

Help with exterior

cbeth85
10 years ago

This is my first post, although I've spent the last week reading everything I can on here. I just wish I had found this site sooner! We are building a new home with a semi-custom builder. I would love some input on our exterior options. Our builder does primarily brick homes, with stone, etc accents. I however, am not a huge brick lover and am trying to minimize the look of an all-brick house. The builder's original plan called for brick, with stone on the small bump- out on the left window and stone on the bottom half of the cedar posts on the porch, as well as shakers on the gable section over the left window. I want to incorporate more stone, just not sure where. We were thinking of making the whole left window section stone (so the bump out and the area around it) and have the stone wrap around to the one side of the porch. I also was considering making the section above the garage shakers or perhaps hardi siding. The rest of the house would then be brick.

My concern is that I don't want it to look disjointed, like we just threw a bunch of different materials on it. But, like I said earlier, I don't want a primarily brick house. I would love any opinions!!

Comments (6)