Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need front elevation detail help- photoshop anyone??

Posted by bmh4796 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 19:43

Now that we are waiting to build, I have more time to obsess over details, which is really not a good thing! ;)

I'm wondering what the house would look like with standing soldiers above the windows in the brick wing rather than the angled jack arch bricks. If i did the standing soldiers then the stucco bands on the gable wing will be rectangle not angled. Opinions? Should the stucco band should go around the triple windows not just on top?

Also, on the gabled wing at the roofline, should the little step detail not be stepped? Should it be curved?

If anyone has free time and knows how to photoshop, I'd LOVE to see your preference in a rendering. I'm a computer goof!

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need front elevation detail help- photoshop anyone??

Look at Jack Arnold's photo gallery. You'll see a lot of examples like you're describing:

Here is a link that might be useful: Jack Arnold

o

ok, maybe i'm asking too much by asking for photoshop help.

does anyone have any opinions on the the little brick edge corners on the large gable? Should we keep that or curve it?

o

bumping this. if you click on the picture, it will rotate itself right.

i also want the windows to sit IN the stucco rather than on the outside. does anyone know what's involved in making that happen? you know how windows sit IN bricks. I'd like that same effect on the stucco

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here