Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
portlandmaine

Nanawall or Lacantina doors..which one?

portlandmaine
11 years ago

Hello,

We are in the process of adding an addition on our house and will be installing a bi-fold door. I am trying to make up my mind as to which manufacture to use...Nanawall or Lacantina doors. there is a $2000 price difference between the 2 manufacturers, Nanawall being the more expensive. (Marvin came in the highest by an additional 2k over the nanawall...highway robbery?) Anyways, anyone have experience with the doors and/or a preference as to which one would be better?

Comments (9)

• millworkman
    11 years ago

Marvin in my opinion is better than Nanawall. Nanawall is a good product and Lacantinia not familiar with at all. Knowing how much they cost 2k would in my opinion be worth the extra money.

• portlandmaine
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Re millworkman,

Actually my contractor when talking with our local marvin showroom was told that their bifolds leak, leak, leak. So for the price they are charging I would expect better. I would agree that their windows are superior product as we live on the ocean and get some wicked storms where the rain comes at us sideways.

• portlandmaine
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am glad to hear more good about the Lacantina Door. They did come in the cheapest but I was leaning toward the Nanawall because they provided so much more information. ie cad drawings, specs etc, whereas LaCantina only provided a quote and when I talked to their rep he was monosyllabic in his answers. Not very inspiring when we live on the opposite coast and looking at an unforeseeable problems with the install etc...

• portlandmaine
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Re: Benjamin123

Was wondering if you could provide more detail on why you prefer Lacantina over nanawall? I am trying to make an educated decision and any other information would be appreciated about working with Nanawall over Lacantina.

Thanks!

• Floppy
    11 years ago

i think we got our nanawall from jeld wen & it was way cheaper than marvin

• Floppy
    11 years ago

sorry it wasn't jeld wen...i'll find out & write back

• dodocha
    9 years ago

Hi, I'm from an architecture firm in Los Angeles and we're using Nanawalls in a series of our residential projects . Something I would keep in mind when making your decision is the life-cycle cost of the system you are purchasing. Even if the the nanawall is slightly more expensive, you'll be getting something that is proven to last and that you won't have to spend alot of money to fix or replace for years. Well, that's my two cent. Good luck!

This post was edited by dodocha on Fri, Nov 14, 14 at 11:35

• daviddj
    9 years ago

We looked at both brands. We ended up going up with Solar Innovations instead. They were significantly less expensive. We have 2, a 12 foot and 9 foot door. The quotes were 4k less then the LaCantina and over 7K less then the quote we got for Nanawall. From what we and our builder could tell they quality was indistinguishable. We've only had ours for 6 months no problems so far.