Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
autumn_4_gw

It's September 2014, How's your Build?

autumn.4
9 years ago

The night before school and all through the house all the creatures are stirring - even the mouse. Ack!!

Link to August 2014 Part 3.

Kicking it off for September...which is a year on the 9th since we broke ground. Wow.

Jackson-very funny post about lighting - but I am sure not so funny to work through. We must have cross posted before because I just saw it now. Your porch looks great!

This post was edited by Autumn.4 on Mon, Sep 1, 14 at 18:46

Comments (150)

• jdez
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

DH's shop is finished. At least something is finished.

Pay no attention to the mud and weeds. We haven't worked on the driveway and yard yet.

• cz_scrap
    9 years ago

Finally got our last building permit! At least something in our life is moving forward! Builder will be meeting with architect, soil engineer and backhoe operator later this week to come up with a plan of attack-lol. Wish we could be there for the official start, but due to selling our house that will have to wait for when it's really necessary for my husband to be there. We have two people who may be interested in our current home-what a roller coaster showing this house-ugh. Love seeing everyone's photos- so much progress seen!

• jdez
    9 years ago

Jet and Northpolehome - I don't have any great words of wisdom for you but I'm hoping for a good outcome for you both. Sorry you two are faced with discouragement. Pulling for ya.

• amberm145_gw
    9 years ago

This is what my site looks like right now. Not much getting done this week, I'd say.

• ontariomom
    9 years ago

Amberm:

Yikes! Sure no snow in our part of Canada. Hope it melts soon and you get an Alberta Chinook.

Carol

• jdez
    9 years ago

Amberm - That is crazy! It was 92 here today when I left work. Send some of that cool air down south.

• Skyangel23
    9 years ago

Amberm:
    Oh my goodness!!! I think it was 90 something here in Florida. Wow! I'll trade you some of that refreshing snow for some of my stifling humidity. :-)

We did not do an undermount sink. I don't care about them enough to spend the extra dough. BUT, what we did do was get a Blanco diamond sink that can be both topmount and undermount. So if/when we do switch out the laminate, we can keep the great sink.

Thank you, Ladybrowncoat. The nice thing about laminate is it's so easy to change later. So if you really don't like it, you won't feel guilty about switching it out. :-)

• robynstamps
    9 years ago

Wow Amberm - SNOW!!??

Yesterday was supposed to be a big day at my build but looks like the subs didn't get the message. The electrical guys were there and did install all of my recessed lights and bulbs in the basement and the 2nd story but the paint guys were supposed to have a double crew and only 2 guys instead of 8 showed up!! YIKES! We are supposed to be moving in on the 30th. I'm not sure if that is realistic now. The kitchen counters were supposed to be installed yesterday but they got stuck at another job instead. So, hopefully today will be a better day with a lot of people running around the build. It's been raining since yesterday so the concrete work is at a standstill. We have a large driveway and they have only been able to pour about 1/8th of what needs to be down. My landscaper won't even start until all the concrete is poured.

On a positive note. The garage doors were installed yesterday!

• jet08
    9 years ago

Trusses take 2!

Scary thing is they are calling for strong storms again tomorrow....

• mushcreek
    9 years ago

The trusses should be braced, and if it's done right, they shouldn't come down, even without the sheathing. When I put up my trusses, I braced as I went, so that by the time they were all up, the permanent bracing was as well. Years ago, a worker here was killed when the trusses collapsed because they didn't bother to brace them until after they were all up. It looks like there is some bracing in your pic, but it's hard to tell. Good luck!

• jet08
    9 years ago

Yes, I agree MushCreek bracing is important. In our first go around it was braced. The framer braced it, then when I seen what was on the radar I added even more. We had diagonals on top, 2x4 pieces in between each truss on both sides tying them together, long 2x4 through the middle tying them together, and braces down to the floor decking, walls, and even down to stakes on the ground. When the wind came it snapped all bracing like they were tooth picks..

• robynstamps
    9 years ago

Our stage has lighting! Kitchen counters are going in as I type. I'll post pics as soon as I run over there.

• jdez
    9 years ago

Looks good Jet. Hope the storm passes without incident tomorrow.

Robyn - Love the garage door and stage. Love the colors on your house.

• lizzieplace
    9 years ago

Jdez, thank you very much for your words of encouragement! This is the update I have crossposted on the windows:

Our builder asked for a meeting today (which in our experience, has not been a good sign). At first he insisted that the house is built per plan, the plan we had agreed upon back in December. Since then of course, a lot has changed with those plans, including removal of the buffet that was originally on one side of the buffet, around May I believe. I insisted I have the July revision of the plan, pictured in my earlier post, that clearly states both sides to be equal. He said we did not request for this change with the windows, and it is the "computer" that automatically adjusted this when the buffet was removed. I said we did not mention anything about that anymore, because it was already drawn how we wanted it to be (so why do I need to tell the draftsperson to change it further?). Also on the same level of the house (main floor), there have been many other revisions that deviates from the original plan in December, and those have all been done as per the most recent floor plan (the one we did not sign, according to him). I told him this is what is in their software now (that customers can access) as "final plan," so how was I to know which changes the draftsperson did vs those that the "computer automatically generated" (and are therefore not going to be followed by the subcontractors). A lot more discussion went on. In the end, I am happy to report that they had agreed to change the dining room windows. That is really the biggest concern for us. We can live with the basement windows not being changed. I realize the midpoint for both sets of windows will not align when the dining room ones are changed, but no one will really see that from the back except for a few neighbors across the pond. And we did not insist on the master bedroom windows above either, as we would like to hopefully not make it any more difficult for the builder as it is now. We are not that kind of people.

Anyway, thank you again to all those who thought of us.

Jet08, I am hoping for a better outcome for you as well. Hang in there.

On a more positive note, we got to see our kitchen island countertop when we went to pick out the rest of the stone. Ignore jacket or whatever that is hanging there :)

• jdez
    9 years ago

Northpolehome - Glad the builder has agreed to fix the dining room window and make you happy. Regardless of whose fault it is, you are the one who will be living with it. Hope they don't take forever to get it done.

• MFatt16
    9 years ago

That sounds like a good compromise Northpole. Now that you explain further I had a similar problem. Our plans differed from the blueprints on some "cosmetic" issues that weren't so cosmetic after all. I thought my entry way roof would have an open beam and by the time they got it built it was too late as the trusses were never engineered for it. I guess I was supposed to know?.... Not sure, I am way over it by this point but I get your frustration and am glad you got some resolve. My resolve was not paying the upcharges to use different accent siding where I thought it would be beams. Love the counters!!! I can't wait to slab shop, we went awhile back to get ideas but finding the one we will actually have will be thrilling I am sure.

• lizzieplace
    9 years ago

JDez and Mfatt16, I really appreciate your encouragement on this. Thank you!

• amberm145_gw
    9 years ago

Congratulations, northpole. Nice island, too. I believe that "jacket" is a pad placed there to keep the cart from scratching the top. You'll be very happy it's there.

As for me, it won't stop snowing!!! On Monday, the forecast was calling for warming up all week, and summer temps by the weekend again. Yesterday, we were going to get another 6"overnight, but it would stop by this morning. We got at least another 8" overnight, and it's still coming down. The forecast is now saying summer temps by next week. I'm starting to think they just say that so people won't slit their wrists. Nothing is happening at my build site until the summer temps come back because it's too wet to back fill.

Jet, I hope your storms aren't so bad this time.

• musicgal
    9 years ago

northpole- gorgeous island! Glad you won out on the windows. Watch 'em like a hawk:-)

Robyn- I am excited about your stage.

Silver Fox has a very good day...

This post was edited by musicgal on Wed, Sep 10, 14 at 12:43

• Renee0829
    9 years ago

Well we finally got our plot plan today after many weeks of fighting with the surveying company that did our plot plan before for our bridge.

We close on our loan Friday at 1:00 and our builder said he can get they surveyor to stake it out and hopefully start excavating next week. But can't do anything more than dig a hole until he gets permits. As hard as it's been to get things done up to this point, I hope the permits don't take long. He said in his county where he normally builds it takes 7-10 days, but our house will be in another county and not in city limits. Please pray for us that this doesn't take long.

• Lori Wagerman_Walker
    9 years ago

I just stopped in to say...

we've finally shown up on an aerial shot!!!

Lot's of new "faces" and gorgeous homes.

Congrats to all, whatever stage you are in. We'll have been in 6 months next weekend. While I feel like we've been there forever, there are still so many things to do. I go through spurts. Lots done at the beginning, lots more still.

I'll post a few more pics :)

• Lori Wagerman_Walker
    9 years ago

part of my front porch view.
    Don't mind the weeds... we're working on grass, ha!!
    And the soybeans are starting to turn, hopefully that means early harvest. :)

• musicgal
    9 years ago

loribug- yay! I long for the day when Google Earth recognizes our work in progress:)

• Lori Wagerman_Walker
    9 years ago

Well, Not GOOOOGLE yet, but our county mapping system at least. :) I suppose that makes it official enough! lol

• carsonheim
    9 years ago

Howdy. I've been MIA around here. I'm so discouraged about my siding/brick issue :( Still trying to figure out the best way to fix it.

This is definitely one BIG disadvantage to being an owner/builder. When something goes awry, it's up to me to fix it. However, I do know that the money I'm saving will be enough to pay the bill for the asylum once I'm committed... Just sayin' ;)

• Michelle
    9 years ago

Hi all, I love all the photos.

We're plugging along....excavator is digging up stumps now and will scrape off topsoil in the next couple of days. Then he'll dig the basement.

I'm feeling discouraged as we've had two big adders over the past few weeks. After talks with excavator, hubs decided that we needed a lot more fill to bring house up to a level that will make it look right. So that's estimated at $10k. Then we decided to do closed cell insulation, which is about $8k more but then code won't allow that type of insulation without drywall so we have to bring basement to drywall stage (we weren't going to finish it yet). There's another $20k. Ouch. Both choices for sure, but hard to swallow all the same.

Anyway, here's our stump removal pic! Exciting to see someone working!

• HappyValleyHome
    9 years ago

Hi All,

Been MIA due to the last two weeks spent trying to finalize all my interior choices. Cabinetry has been signed off and is started, tile choices made, most counters chosen, trim work chosen etc, etc, etc! Think all I have left is to finalize the paint colors.

House is coming along....all insulation is done and they have started drywall. Builder thinks that we should be able to paint by the end of the month. Exterior is done except for the front porch...looked like they were prepping to pour my front stairs so hopefully it will be done soon!

The picture eye candy has been great...so much that I would have write a book to comment on it all.
    Northpole...glad your window issue is being taken care of.
    Carson...the only thing I can think of is whether flipping your brick so the short end is out to take advantage of the brick length to fill in the gap.
    Jet...that is crazy that your trusses flew down as if they were Popsicle sticks. Hopefully the second time goes more smoothly.

Here is my eye candy...this is the slab the I had to take 4" off my island to make work! It is a quartzite called Iceberg that will go on my Walnut Island and bar area and then I will have Soapstone on my white perimeter cabinets.

• lizzieplace
    9 years ago

Amberm145, thank you for the well wishes. I am hoping for better temperatures for you too. We all know how it feels to have days go by without any developments happening.

Musicgal - thanks! I would watch them like a hawk, except that I am out of town now :/. Hoping they will re-build everything properly.

Carsonheim, I am so sorry my friend. Still hoping the solution will come to you as soon as possible.

Happyvallehome - welcome back. Love the slab!

• autumn.4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Down and out with a nasty virus. What a waste of a gorgeous weekend. Grrrr. I did manage to get the door stained in between couch breaks but it was rough. Finally feeling like myself. Thanks 'back to school' for always giving the gift of germs.

loribug-waving hello!!! :) Glad you stopped back - love the porch.

mush-that ceiling is awesome. It really looks great. Was it a difficult install?

jet-oh man. Devastating sight! If that's not the worst vision to pull up to. Did this next storm pass you by and they are still standing? Did they manage to get the sheeting on?

amber-oh man girl. Nuh uh. No snow. No snow! I am not sure this helps or even that they are good pics? At work our kitchen sink is undermount with laminate. Again - work sink and nope it's not clean and nope I didn't bother to clean it before I took pics! I just tried to get the edges? If you want a different view let me know and I can snap more.

northpole-I have been holding my breath in silence wondering how on earth you could make that 'balance' without a window move. We basically have the same layout in our dining room. Large window - evenly spaced with chandelier also in the middle of that window. That would have driven me BONKERS. I am so so glad they are willing to fix it. Phew! And I totally get not catching everything - I am so guilty of "well they must not be finished cuz no one would ever think that is right. Uh oh, I guess they either don't see it like I do or they don't really care because now it's done and WHAT??? Gah!." Thankfully I did speak up about the ceiling fan placement at the last minute and DH actually moved it - drywall hung the next day. It would have been right above your head sitting in the living room instead of in the middle of the room. Okayyyy, not. Love your slab! Very pretty! Quiet and still very interesting. :)

carson-yes, I do believe that is a great statement - "saved enough money to afford the asylum when you are finished". Buahahahaha. I do think your house is going to be great and most likely it will look like something you did on purpose to everyone but YOU. But that said I know how that is.

michelle-yeah. Going over on dirt of all things, HATE that but we had the same thing at about the same number. Grrr! But as you said in the end it's what would make sense and you can't change it later.

music-has the silver fox pulled himself away from the big screen yet???

happyvalley-looks good! All these pretty more quiet stones. So many too choose from, I can't go second guessing mine now...or can I? ;)

Update besides door staining - barn windows and partially tyvek'd:

And I did receive a sample of the backsplash tile we liked in herringbone for maybe behind the stove. I like it more than I thought but still wondering if it's too 'fancy' for my more casual space? I really like hex but they don't make it in this one. 2x4's broken joint everywhere else. I like the texture as it reminds me of the fireplace stone that is on the opposite wall:

• autumn.4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

skyangel-oh yes - I am a former member of the peninsula club and honestly I kinda miss it - I spent all my time there and a quick pivot and there was my view and my sink (the rest of the kitchen was a disaster however but the peninsula - *love*). Embrace the peninsula - sometimes they don't just 'work' they work BETTER. I'd rather have a peninsula any day than an ill placed island. :D

peach-we skipped cathedral and didn't have enough time/ingenuity to tackle the coffered so ours is plain old 9'. We haven't missed the cathedral at all but I really like coffered though - I don't think you'll be sorry. It looks great!

• robynstamps
    9 years ago

I just posted a post with a bunch of pictures of my kitchen with new countertops installed. I love them!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen with new countertops!

This post was edited by robynstamps on Wed, Sep 10, 14 at 22:51

• HappyValleyHome
    9 years ago

Robyn...omg those counters are fabulous!

• jdez
    9 years ago

Loribug - Heyyyy! So good to "see" you. Your view from the porch is beautiful. I hope you are enjoying the new house.

Michelle - We finally have a progress picture....woohoo! We went over on dirt too.

Happyvalley - Beautiful slab. I hope you get a break after making all those selections.

Renee - Congrats on closing. I hope you don't have to wait very long.

Musicgal - That silver fox looks all too happy. Does he pet it every night before bed? My DH would if he had a TV that big...lol.

MFatt - It is never too early to shop countertops. Get out there and face the music...haha.

Autumn.4 - That barn looks as good as a house. Bet the boys love having it. Is that where the tractor will live?

Robyn - Your kitchen is amazing! The views don't hurt it any either.

Amberm - Hope the weather will improve. Hate to see you having to wait after all the waiting you've done up til now.

Have a great day.

• autumn.4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

robyn-wow and definitely eeeek! They look great and all that natural light and those views. I think I'd just stay in the kitchen all day! Congrats!

jdez-mmmhmm, the tractor and bikes and the SNOW BLOWER, weed I mean lawn mower, tools, the cat that ds #2 wants to get, etc etc. It will be nice and it will keep the garage clear for just our vehicles.

• robynstamps
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone!! I also wanted to share my laundry room so far. I went with engineered quartz that looks like a Carrera marble but also has a gray tint. I cannot wait for that room to be painted Revere Pewter!

Left view with the sink and drawers that all have a laundry basket in them.

• robynstamps
    9 years ago

Here is the view I will look out to while I am washing and folding clothes. Both sets of washers and dryers will be under this countertop. We are waiting for the middle support to arrive.

• robynstamps
    9 years ago

Here's a pic of the right side. The farthest right area is my sewing station. It was just wasted space before so I had my cabinet maker do something I could actually use.

• amberm145_gw
    9 years ago

Robyn, your house is so beautiful. I'm sure you're very excited to move in.

Autumn, thanks for those pics. It looks like the sink is actually installed on top of whatever's under the laminate (MDF?) and just the laminate goes over top. Interesting. I thought it would have to go under the MDF, and the laminate would have to wrap around. I have actually bought an undermount sink for the bathroom. $40 at Habitat, never used, it even came with the mounting instructions and hole template. But it might be hard to install the way your office sink is. Would you believe almost nobody here owns a snowblower? Generally, we don't get enough snow. And when we do, it's light and dry, and can be cleared up with a broom. And then we get a chinook which melts it all. Last year was brutal for the amount of heavy, wet snow we got. I'm not sure if it ever managed to disappear until spring.

At the end of the day our snow delay is probably not going to affect anything. We finally got our new joist layout yesterday. I sent it to the architect to review before sending to the city. Apparently he just sent it on to the city without reviewing it. Gee, thanks. I could have done that a day earlier. But, the city has it now, so we might have our full permit next week? Then we can just go with no more delays.

The snow over the last few days has done some destruction to the city. None of the trees had started losing their leaves yet (very few had even started to change colour.) So the snow piled up on them more than it would in the dead of winter. A lot of them have snapped under the weight. It looks a lot like the ice storms they get out east, where trees seem to take a beating at least every couple of years. I have a maple tree (which is not native to this area, and had to be planted strategically) that lost a few feet off the top. And some of my columnars look like bananas. I was out shaking the snow off them yesterday. One of my little lilac bushes has a broken branch, but I think it'll be fine. There are no trees on the lot yet. There is an old lilac bush there that I kind of hope got crushed. It was too tall, and only got flowers on the very top because the bottom never gets sun. I never got around to pruning it in the spring. So maybe mother nature did it for me? :)

• None Ofyourbusiness
    9 years ago

We have a basement, we have a basement, we finally, finally, finally have a basement! After 10 years of dreaming and saving,a year of planning,5 months of being on our contractor's waiting list, and a 10 day rain delay, we finally have footings and basement walls! Let the fun begin!

• Skyangel23
    9 years ago

happyvalley home, that iceberg quartzite is beautiful!!!

Autumn.4, you must’ve had direct access to my brain when you wrote: “And I totally get not catching everything - I am so guilty of "well they must not be finished cuz no one would ever think that is right. Uh oh, I guess they either don't see it like I do or they don't really care because now it's done and WHAT??? Gah!."

Because that has happened to me several times. It makes me nuts. How can anyone think this looks good??? And they actually make money doing this for a living????
    WHAT???? Like right now, the vanity lights are so off-centered over the bathroom sink even my eight-year-old pointed it out right away. And now it’s up to me again to keep hounding them to fix it.

Thanks, for the peninsula love comment. I’m so hoping that when I finally get in the house, I’ll realize I overthought a lot of things and “hey, this isn’t so bad, it’s actually just fine.”

Robyn, LOVE your countertops. Tell me, how tough is that stone? Will you have to baby it?

We should have sod today. Final bank inspection scheduled for next Wednesday, however final paint, clean, and A/C have to happen and for those things we need permanent electric, which is taking its sweet time.... We can close 72 hours after the final inspection comes back.

It is close now, but unfortunately our locked in rate expires next Thursday, so our lender is saying we have to pay to extend it. Ugh. We are paying so much extra money due to the builder taking nearly three extra months to finish! Our first close date was July 1st. HA HA HA.

• robynstamps
    9 years ago

Skyangel- Thank you! It's a true quartzite tried and tested. Tougher than granite. Even my fabricator said it was tough. It passed all the tests. I shouldn't have to many it at all. Thank goodness!!

• jdez
    9 years ago

Autumn - Weed mower? Haha. No grass yet?

Robyn - I love your laundry room. Soooo pretty.

Amberm - Fingers crossed for your permit! Hope the maple is ok.

Dininbaby - Congrats. You are required to post pictures, in case you didn't know. Just kidding but we all love pictures.

Sky - I am so jealous that you have sod. I'm in the same boat as Autumn. Nothing but weeds.

Ok. We've had a few things going on lately. Here's a few pics of the screened in porch. We still have to put the door on it and cut a hole for the doggy door. First time using the pano pic button so it might look a little "off".

Stained the porch columns today. Two coats.

About finished with the - Where we take our shoes off bench. A little out of focus. Sorry.

Had counters installed in the bathrooms. Couldn't get a good pic of the guest bath and the shower bench in the Master but all bathroom counters are the same.

And at the end of the day, the electrician showed up with a baby track hoe and started digging. And.....busted the sewer pipe. Always something...lol. Back at it tomorrow. 80% chance of rain but I'm sure I can find something to do.

• autumn.4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

jdez-I guess you have been a little busy! Finally some eye candy and Wow! Very cool porch. I bet it will get a lot of use. Your work site looks so tidy. Maybe because it's YOU doing most of the progress work? Electrician seems to be doing some work but making more work in the process. Argh! Entry bench is great-good call on the vertical storage. I think it might be tight for winter parkas and snow pants though (low of 40 this morning). ;) Columns look great with the siding. The color looks similar to what we put on the front door. Bet you are ready to soak in that tub. Checking things off the list, go-go-go!

amber-so has it stopped with the white stuff or??? Don't send it south - I'm not ready! The boys winter coats showed up via UPS just yesterday.

• musicgal
    9 years ago

JDez- making good progress. Two steps forward, one step back it seems- doesn't it? But, still forward:-)

Yesterday afternoon, the gate bell rang and the city inspector handed me our official CO. We have a kerfluffle about the pool- it works just fine but the pool inspectors need to look under the hood, so to speak- which will necessitate tearing stuff up. Oh joy:/ GC is blaming the pool guy who installs pools all over the country just fine. I blame the GC, who should have smelled trouble
    but repeatedly told us everything was fine from afar. All of that could have been checked up to a few weeks ago when the coping and equipment went in. Oh well, it beats some of the teardown stories I've seen here.

I am working on glass and mirrors right now. My pocket office gets 1/2 inch glass which I am finding to be fairly reasonable in the bids. Really want to set my desktop and printer up again SOON! But, I do like the lack of clutter in the space right now.

One of the glass tops goes on the breakfast nook tabletop which is walnut- I broke out the sewing machine and made some temporary cushions for the space, which I think turned out okay.

This post was edited by musicgal on Fri, Sep 12, 14 at 8:35

• amberm145_gw
    9 years ago

Yes, the snow stopped on Wednesday, and it's been melting quickly. I was planning to have the excavators come back on Monday, to give it time to dry up. But I stopped by yesterday, and the hole is starting to cave in, we've got some of our neighbors yard in our hole. :( So, emergency backfilling today.

We also got the house permit!! I'm picking that up today. There's now a problem with the garage permit. They want the slab engineered, but nobody thought to ask for that before? Even when I asked if we could start the garage, and they said no due to procedure, but otherwise, everything was fine?

And yes, dindinbaby, need pics! I think this is the most exciting time. And it's amazing how quickly you go from dirt to stuff that shows signs of a house. :)

• jdez
    9 years ago

Musicgal - Great job on the cushions! They look nice.

Amber - Yay on the house permit.....Boo on the garage permit. More craziness for you. Hang in there.

Heavy rains coming in from the Gulf today. So very depressing.

• musicgal
    9 years ago

Sorry about that rain JDez... and that snow, Amberm. I think we have some water infiltration in spots, so precip is not good for us either. Still eating that elephant one bite at a time.

Slow today on posting. We took the day to run back down to our storage unit and pick up the few things I wanted for the new house. The rest goes to charity, and we shut down the unit on Tuesday. O happy day!

Autumn, hope you are enjoying your rug. We got our "behind the sofa rug" today at a place in Houston that has an outrageous number of Middle Eastern and Indian rugs. Received quite an education on our new responsibilities as rug parents... tee, hee. We also had sconces installed in the dining room. No progress on the tray ceiling yet but here are some pics of the past two days' progress.

• musicgal
    9 years ago

That teakroot chair above has a fraternal twin that hasn't quite made it home yet. Those chairs are for little swimsuited damp behinds- waterproof they say.
    Here are the sconces in the dining room.

This post was edited by musicgal on Sat, Sep 13, 14 at 18:36

• jdez
    9 years ago

Rain stopped and it was a little cooler today. It made DS's football game much more enjoyable to watch. I can't sleep and I keep waiting for updates on the build thread. They are few and far between. Musicgal, your new decor is lovely and goes perfect with your house. Hmmm... Guess I'll have to watch TV.

• autumn.4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

musicgal-huh. I have been toying with that space here - the sort of necessary no mans land between the island and the back of the couch. I kind of thought it was begging for a rug but decided I need to live with what I have for now and see once as time goes by. I like yours (although your space looks a little larger than mine so maybe I'd just need a smaller rug) - and very good they gave you the 101 on your new baby's care. Hehehe. As for our rug in FRONT of the furniture - yes most definitely. My youngest is a floor creature and he was all over it. Lego's all over it already. It's very soft and comfortable. Two thumbs up for that! I'll try to get a pic. I don't even have it adjusted on the pad yet - it needs to be trimmed an inch or so I think (the pad not the rug).

jdez-rain stopped yesterday here too - must have been super widespread! Today is cool but decent - a nice fall day. Oh man I just saw the time stamp on your message - I hope you got some SLEEP! I was in bed by 9:30. LOL!