Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Broadleaf by Don Gardner

Posted by autumn09 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 17:56

Hello GW'ers,

Has anyone either built The Broadleaf by Donald Gardner or perhaps seen it built somewhere in your area? I have Googled it and cannot find anything but the plan.

We would have to make some changes to the floor plan. This is where GW experts would come in!
We love the exterior rendering, just hoping it looks as nice in person.
Many thanks!

http://www.dongardner.com/plan_details.aspx?pid=4345

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Broadleaf by Don Gardner

My biggest objection is that the lovely, large window to the right of the front door is IN THE BATHROOM! Right over the bathtub!

And why all the pretty upstairs dormers if there's no upstairs? Or did I miss something on the plan?

o

Chibimimi, thank you for your comments. Yes that is a crazy place for a bathroom. (I've seen many Gardner and Betz homes with a bathroom at the front). One of the changes we are hoping to make is to have a study there instead, extending the length of the house on that side. I'm hoping experts such as Summerfield will give their opinions, as we are just guessing this can be done when there's a walk-out basement to consider.

You are correct there is no upstairs. I have seen a lot of one storey homes with fake dormers and I don't really mind them, adds a bit of interest. However I would like to know how people plant and water a window box that is so high up when there are no stairs! That's why I'm still hoping someone has built this house, so we can see how it really looks.
We just love the look of this house, it just needs a few major changes. Thanks again for your comments, we do appreciate them.

o

http://www.dongardner.com/plan_details.aspx?pid=4345

Here is a link that might be useful: The Broadleaf by Donald Gardner

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here