Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with dormer

Posted by archie123 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 15, 11 at 17:33

These are pictures of the house we bought. We plan to add
a dormer and put in a walk thru closet to a small bathroom
I tried to draw what I imagine would work. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I do plan to work with a
contractor, architect and structural engineer.

Here is a link that might be useful: house exterior and interior

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with dormer

The architect would be working with all the necessary information and could quickly draw several solutions in a 3D computer model of the house. For me to try to propose something from the information you have shown would probably put the design process off track. Let the pros do what they do best.

o

Thanks Renovator8 I'll talk to the pros.

o

Have you considered a cross-gable facing the street, and connected to the house with a transverse gable (like one of your examples)
This way, the bathroom could have a cathedral ceiling (the cross gable section) and an arched window facing forward (or back).
Casey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here