Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outlets

Posted by Kim.57 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 16:36

Put outlets above your kitchen cabinets so you can run tube lighting or Christmas lights so the cords don't show.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outlets

Note they cannot be on the kitchen counter circuits, but may be on the lighting circuit.

o

Brickeyee, what is the reason for that?
I just put under-cabinet lights in my kitchen, and just plugged them into a counter outlet. Am I in violation of something?

o

Not if they are plug ins. Hardwired lighting should be on a separate circuit and there should be two separate circuits for outlets.

o

Not sure what the original question was but one thing I will mention about outlets: sit in every chair/couch you plan to have in any room & look at the opposing wall. Here is what I ended up with: a speaker at the very top; a thermostat in the middle of the wall, half way down the wall; a light switch right under the thermostat but at the end of the wall & an outlet somewhere at the bottom way to the other side of the wall. Talk about "Artwork" or trying to mask this. Builders, subs, contractors don't care nor will they go into such minute details. Also make sure you have outlets by the stairs for vacuuming.

o

Thanks Pal! Mine are plug-in

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here