Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sidewalk and patio shape ideas

Posted by minneapolisite (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 21, 12 at 15:46

We are meeting with the concrete guy next week to make a decision on our patio slab (where the walk-out basement and deck stairs go) and our sidewalk shape (path from driveway to front door). I haven't even THOUGHT about this so I have no idea what I'd like. Any inspiration pictures to share?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sidewalk and patio shape ideas

I love the front walk our architect designed...we used the zigzag edge in the back patio design as well.

Most important when designing a walkway is to make it natural...people don't tend to walk in straight lines and then make right angle turns. Rather the meander toward the goal so curves are always more interesting than straight lines.

o

AnnieD your home is beautiful!
Minneapolisite - just a thought, if you are doing concrete, have you looked at stamped concrete?
After 4 years of a slow DIY build, we are finally at this (landscaping) stage and are attempting a curved, stamped sidewalk by ourselves.

1st pic is an inspiration pic
2nd pic is the first part of my sidewalk pour ...

Dawn

o

oops - 2nd pic:
1st attempt at the start of the sidewalk/patio pour...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here