Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opinions of Rogue Valley Doors

Posted by sreedesq (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 18, 13 at 15:10

Hi,
I am looking at a Rogue Valley Door for my front entry. It is pattern 2045. I would need 2 of them for my double entry in a 2'8. I have been quoted approx. $550 each for them in knotty alder.

They seem like good doors, but I don't know of anyone who has used them and I haven't seen them in person. I found a couple of GW threads that were about 4 yrs old and w/o a lot of opinions, so I thought I would ask again here. So, any opinions on quality, value, etc are greatly appreciated. TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinions of Rogue Valley Doors

Hi...we were torn between Rogue Valley and Glasscraft. Rogue Valley wasn't able to give us the EXACT door style we wanted so we went to Glasscraft. I really wanted Rogue Valley to work out because it was a better price point than Glasscraft. Our builder's supply company highly recommended both Rogue Valley and Glasscraft. If I recall, he stated that one was shipped from CA and we are in FL and that was most of the price difference....He also mentioned that both companies are quite large and pretty much corner the market when it comes to decorative front doors.

I attached a photo of our doors - they were delivered and hung and then removed for safe keeping. I was able to touch and feel them....I really love my doors!

I also think Glasscraft had a larger line of glass styles compared to Rogue Valley.

I think you will be happy...

Pam

o

Thanks for your help. Your doors are lovely.

I hope someone who has owned a Rogue Valley exposed to the elements for a couple of years will also chime in.

o

We've had a Rogue Valley door and sidelights for six years now. They are under a small covered porch, so not exposed to direct weather, but they do get late afternoon sun. No problems at all with them and they are beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here