Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

Any idea what is the going cost per square foot in DFW?

TxMarti
10 years ago

We would GC ourselves, have contractors do everything to the dried in stage, and then do the finish work ourselves.

Comments (6)

• bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
    10 years ago

per sq foot costs are almost impossible to guesstimate. Too many variable involved.

How much of your sq footage is "cheap to build" space like bedrooms and garage as compared to how much is "expensive to build" space like kitchens and bathrooms? Is the house shape a simple rectangle or one with lots of corners and things like bay windows? All on one floor or two or more floors? Basement? What kind of roofing? What kind of siding? What kind of foundation? Lots of windows and doors or a bare minimum? Lots of built in cabinets/bookcases or a bare minimum? Will you be going "builder grade" on all or most of the plumbing and electrical fixtures or do you want the ability to upgrade? Building in town or out in the country? If out in the country, do you already have septic installed? Electricity run to the site? Water already on site? Will you need to build a long driveway? Etc? Etc? Etc?

You might TRY to linked site which purports to give you an estimate of the cost to build in various zip codes. I don't give any guarantees on how accurate it is but it can't be any worse than the off the cuff guesses you're likely to get on this site.

Here is a link that might be useful: residential building cost calculator

• lavender_lass
    10 years ago

Marti- Hi! Are you building?

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks bevangel. I don't think that's very accurate for my area though. I put in very conservative answers for 1500 square feet and it came up with a cost of almost $400,000.

• heyo
    10 years ago

We are building between Denton and Gainesville, 3/2.5/2 ~2350 living/3300 slab single story. Metal roof, open cell foam, storm room, stone and hardi exterior, granite throughout, red oak floors except in bathrooms and utility, delta/kohler plumbing, 23 low e vinyl windows, kitchen aid top end appliances, custom cabinets. Basically, not luxury but certainly not "builder grade". Approximately $112.50/living sqft. Does NOT include land, septic, water, electric, landscaping, or driveway as our land already has.

• lavender_lass
    10 years ago

Here's one estimate...don't know if this is your area of DFW. It says $90 to $120 square foot, not including land.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link