Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
levismama_gw

Tres Le Fleur

LevisMama
10 years ago

Would you please look over the plan attached and let me know if there are any things you find troublesome? Also, if anyone has built this plan we'd love to see pictures of the completed project! I can't figure out who the designer is so if you know who designed this plan please let me know. Thanks!

http://houseplans.housingzone.com/plan/4445/#Plan-Specifications

Comments (578)

• scme11
    5 years ago

Thanks Natalie! What's your wall color?

• Natalie
    5 years ago
    SHerwin Williams Perfect Greige
  • Sapphire0905
    5 years ago

Ljohnson0626 what is the name of your granite countertop?

• Stephanie Pollard
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Natalie your place is beautiful. Are your floors hardwood? I've seen laminates in the past that look like hardwood.

• Natalie
    5 years ago
    Stephanie Pollard thanks so much. it is wood look ceramic. It is Mirazzi American Estates in Saddle. I always wanted wood but someone we knew used this floor. We have two labradors and a son and live in the country so I am now so glad we do not have wood.
  • Natalie
    5 years ago
    Correction, it is not ceramic....it’s porcelain.
  • Stephanie Pollard
    5 years ago

Natalie you have helped me decide after going back and forth for a long time. We used the wood look ceramic in our apartment above the garage and I love it. Everyone who sees it says why use real wood if it looks this good. I will begin to look a porcelain now, sure hope I don't have the brain tug of war lol. I will have a bird dog soon and we all know what kind of mess a puppy makes.

• Natalie
    5 years ago
    Stephanie Shaw has some great stuff that we used in our shower walls. I would recommend a 24 inch plank if you are going over a concrete slab. In our part of the country it’s always a slab but I know some use a wood si floor. 25 inch doesn’t bow coming out of the kiln.
  • Natalie
    5 years ago
    Whew...a lot of typos in my comment. That should say wood subfloor and the 24 inch tiles don’t bow like the 36 inch. It’s so slight you don’t notice it but it causes leveling issues going down. We didn’t know this until $12,000 worth of product was already on its way. Lol. In fact, the installer that did our friends floor would not even give us an estimate when he found out we had 36 inch planks. I think this was more because our old neighbors were ridiculously picky and nothing was perfect enough for the husband.
  • Stephanie Pollard
    5 years ago

Thanks for the typos I feel normal....my husband and I are far from ocd, so a tiny bow with a beautiful floor not a problem. Thanks for all the tips and again I like the old furniture in your dining room, so cozy.

• Natalie
    5 years ago
    That furniture was my grandmothers and the table legs are literally falling off. I actually would like to get a farm table I wish I had the time to restore this.
  • Samantha E
    5 years ago
    A few photos of the house now that it’s finished (I’ll keep adding more)
  • Samantha E
    5 years ago

• Samantha E
    5 years ago
    A few more
  • Samantha E
    5 years ago
    And the 4 season room (I don’t have a picture of it complete yet)
  • scme11
    5 years ago

Gorgeous!! I love the dark trim. I have been considering the same but was worried that too much dark wood would make the rooms look small.

What was your final square footage?

• ljohnson0626
    5 years ago

@sappire, My counter top is white ice, not sure of the brand.

• Natalie
    5 years ago
    SamanthaE I love your pantry door. I wish I had thought to do that. May I ask where your table came from? I love it.
  • Stephanie Pollard
    5 years ago

Samantha love your interior design on the Kitchen

• Samantha E
    5 years ago
    Our final square footage was around 2300 including the 4 season room, about 2100 without. We love the dark trim and I don’t feel like it makes the house feel small at all since it’s such an open concept.

@natalie The table is from Wayfair :)
  • Brandi Merritt
    5 years ago

Ljohnson do you have any updated pics of exterior and interior. We are planning on doing reverse plan as well. Would love to see more pictures. Thanks!!

• Stephanie Pollard
    5 years ago

Samantha just looked at your picture of the front of the house. I also like your siding, is it Hardi plank? Looks like your on the east coast with all that water, we are in Virginia and in the area we are in we've had more rain than recorded in history. West coast rain moved to the east coast, not cool.

• chazzdog85
    5 years ago

also hoping to see some exterior and interior photos...they all look great and give great perspective on builds.

• chazzdog85
    5 years ago
    pics plz...
  • pyamed
    5 years ago
    there are lots of pics
  • hk7710
    5 years ago

Tberri I just saw your comment. Do you still want to see back exterior pics?

• chazzdog85
    5 years ago

yes please

• ljohnson0626
    5 years ago

Here are some back porch pics.

• scme11
    5 years ago

Hi guys! We are preparing to speak with contractors very soon, so we have been discussing exterior materials.

Would love some insight on anyone's experiences with Hardie board or LP smart siding. These seem to be the most popular, but are there any other good options?

• Natalie
    5 years ago
    @scme11 we used brick on the bottom and hardiplank above. We chose this because in Oklahoma Termites are an issue so we hoped to prevent that. We also have some Rock. Our trim is smart trim not hardie trim.
  • Natalie
    5 years ago
    Just a suggestion to anyone building this plan...if you are doing the second story move the staircase, or move your master bedroom, or soundproof the wall and ceiling. It sounds like a herd of elephants going up our stairs. Our stairs are all wood so that probably adds to the noise.
  • Natalie
    5 years ago
    A different rear elevation. It’s amazing to me how different our homes look from the exterior based on modifications. We added a hallway and media room and game room between the garage and the house then pitched our roof so the rear is all covered.
  • chazzdog85
    5 years ago

Natalie can you send me your plans

• Natalie
    5 years ago
    @chazzdog85 let me find it. I can try to post it on here but do you want me to email it also?
  • Natalie
    5 years ago
    @chazzdog85 this is a pretty rough. Opt as it has markups from our building center but it’s what I could find fast. The hallway to the media and game room was actually done at 42 inches so we could have a finished 36 inch hallway. We built our home with almost all 36 inch doors to make it wheelchair accessible. In the master bathroom, I noticed that I have the vanity x’d out and moved. We actually did put it on that wall. Just a straight vanity there. Just a note we purchased the Marymount plan and modified the exterior to Tres Le Fleur. In hindsight we should have bought Tres Le Fleur and modified the interior. That is a lot easier when dealing with Framers. In the garage we also have a staircase. We just had this enclosed with an exterior door and finished the bathroom upstairs and we are putting in a kitchenette. Our daughter is going to live in there during nursing school. Just a heads up...The plan showed the kitchenette on the outside wall however there were issues getting the plumbing over there so we had to move it. That was a waste of money for double electrician work.
  • chazzdog85
    5 years ago

yes plz cdunnigan44@gmail

• Brandi Merritt
    5 years ago

Natalie, what size is your living room? I was trying to see measurements but when I zoom in it too blurry to read.

• chazzdog85
    5 years ago

cdunnigan44@gmail.com

• Natalie
    5 years ago
    @Brandi Merritt it is 21x16
  • Brandi Merritt
    5 years ago

Thanks Natalie.

• scme11
    5 years ago
    @Samantha E
    If you don’t mind, please tell me the dimensions of your island and where you got your bar stools. Thanks!
  • chazzdog85
    5 years ago
    @natalie I never got any email. sorry to be a pest, would you mind trying to send again the plans. cdunnigan44@gmail.com
  • Courtney Cookson
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

We have been in a year this Christmas! Haven’t been on in a while so lots

to share of anyone needs advice! Happy New Year!

• Bre Macomber
    4 years ago

Courtney - Beautiful fireplace and tree!! I am looking to start building soon. After living in the house for a year, do you find that the layout is still as functional as you hoped? Any big areas you would do differently?

• Bree TUMA
    4 years ago

All moved in! For more pics of the whole process and details follow me @athomewith_bree on IG

• chazzdog85
    3 years ago

Getting there...

• PRO
    The Design Studio
    3 years ago

Love this thread!! looking to build in the spring and love this plan and everyones changes. We are planning on doing the open loft with stairs behind the fireplace. Wanted to get all the ideas and compare. We live in Iowa and will have a walkout basement we will eventually finish. Anyone willing to email me their plans and changes they made? Please and thanks! Courtsnee22@gmail.com

• chazzdog85
    3 years ago

• Chad Fisher
    3 years ago

Looking to build in the near future , love this house plan , would be greatly appreciated if someone could email me the plans cfisher05@hotmail.com

thanks in advance

• donnamichelle22
    3 years ago

I am also getting this house built and would like to know of any suggestions to make it better. It is a bit hard to imagine the vaulted ceiling in the great room without pictures. WE asked for the modification of a sun room the same width as the great room and wonder how they will do that for us.

Any photos or a video would be nice!