Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Show us your floor / house plans!! :)

Posted by Kathi67 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 5, 12 at 11:47

I love looking at floor / house plans and thought it would be great if everyone shared their plans.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
frank betz highland place (modified)

We are nearing completion of a Frank Betz Highland Place with 4 bedrooms, 4 full baths, and a side entry 3 car garage!
I love it!!!
1st Floor
First Floor (we added a third garage bay)

2nd floor modified
Photobucket

o
RE: Show us your floor / house plans!! :)

At 1250 sq ft, this is probably the smallest one you'll get here. This is an empty nest for the two of us. There is also a full walk-out basement, so we'll actually have plenty of space. Construction is ICF, so it should be a tight, efficient house. After hundreds of designs, I finally went back to a basic box to keep cost and time down. I'm building it myself, so both are important factors. The outside will be a Craftsman bungalow, with as many authentic details as I can manage. I cruise old neighborhoods taking pictures of authentic Craftsman houses to get ideas and a sense of proportion. The floor plan is laid out to take advantage of a mountain view to the back.

Other features: Hardi plank, tin roof, 9'4" ceilings, wide hardwood floors from our own timber, concrete counter tops, Marvin Integrity windows, and ductless A/C and heat. The walls are very thick, and if you look closely, you'll see that the window returns are angled to reduce the tunnel effect of the thick walls. Time will tell how this works out in real life, but I can always fill them in if we don't like the effect. BTW- The direction of the stairs is reversed.

Photobucket

o
RE: Show us your floor / house plans!! :)

We will finalize the first floor on Monday. There are a couple little changes not on this image (door shift and another closet by guest room, the island is much larger, sink in laundry). Also the pool is just a place holder until we get to that part of the design;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here