Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Our plans are final! Thank-you for all your help!

Posted by Laura12 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 1, 12 at 11:26

Thank-you to everyone who provided us with advice regarding our plans over the past six months. It took us a bit longer than we would have liked to get to this point, however we are thrilled with the end product and all the advice (and criticism) we received on GW really helped us get it all right upfront (hopefully)!

We are now waiting on construction drawings and engineering (6 weeks), and then we will simultaneously submit them for permitting (8 weeks) and for our construction loan (60 days). I expect we will be able to break ground in January! Just keep your fingers crossed with me that it appraises for our costs!

The only two things on this plan that still need to change are: the dimensions of the island, and the swing of the toilet closet door.

Final plan main floor

Final upstairs

final front elevation

final rear elevation

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Our plans are final! Thank-you for all your help!

Laura- It looks wonderful! :)

o

Congrats! It looks great. I was at this stage when I was 7/8 months pregnant. The baby is almost 3 months now and our basement walls go up this week. She was definitely a good distraction through the last tedious loan and permitting approvals. Hopefully it will be the same for you!

o

It looks like we will be submitting permits and applying for the loan the same week our baby is due! Talk about timing!

o

Congratulations! Keep us posted on your build progress!

o

I think it looks great! And, I really like the way your elevation turned out. Enjoy your baby!

o

Looks great. What did you decide on for the wine storage? Or do I have you confused with somebody else?

o

That was me with the wine storage issues.... We are putting a 27" wine fridge in the kitchen and a few extra freestanding wine fridges in the garage. Not what we were hoping for, but really the only reasonable solution!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here