Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeff2013_gw

Leaking from metal roof under construction

jeff2013
9 years ago

When I checked our house yesterday after a rain, I saw a lot of water inside of the house coming from the roof and we had our AC ducts installed. The living area was essentially raining / flooding. The dining area was bad too. Water was coming done from all the plumbing vents. I can tell water entered the house from the wall to roof intersections and from the eave top edges.

The roofer is in the process of installing standing seam metal roof on our house. About half of the panels over the top major roofs are installed. They have not installed any valley or ridge trim yet.

I understand that the final metal roof has not been finished yet. However, they had finished the water resistant underlayment. I don't think the house shall have such severe leaking problems if they had done the underlayment and flahings properly.

Does anyone with metal roofs in your build have similar experience? After the synthetic roof underlayment is installed and before the panels are installed, what happened to your house when it rained?

Thanks!

Comments (4)