Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eire6678

Opinions on plan please?

eire6678
10 years ago

Hi!

We are GC'ing our own home in South Jersey. Our home is in a rectangular 1 acre corner lot, that has a cul de sac on left side of house. 2nd floor,girls share bath & son has his own. One common dining area, no tub in master ( never used)

Thoughts, suggestions welcome!!

Thank u!
Brenna

Comments (12)

• eire6678
    Original Author
    10 years ago

2nd floor

• Beth K
    10 years ago

Unable to clearly see your plans. But in regards to no tub in master I would agree, we have a Jacuzzi and have used maybe a dozen times in 20 years. However if you speak to anyone regarding resell value they will insist that you put a tub in the master. So if you have the space I would put one in just don't put one in that costs a fortune.

• lolauren
    10 years ago

I agree - it's hard to see the plans. Is there no full bath (and bedroom) on the 1st floor?

If so, what if you have an elderly guest who has trouble with stairs? What if someone breaks their leg and can't use the stairs temporarily? etc. (A family member has a home with only a half bath on the main floor, and it makes it so our grandma cannot visit.)

• bpath
    10 years ago

Maybe you can forgo the door between the mudroom and the laundry, since there's already a door between laundry and kitchen?

Will the closet there interfere with movement in the garage?Like getting out of the back seat or carrying things to and from the trunk, or getting to the garbage cans.

Seems like it would make more sense to enter from garage into the mudroom, instead of the laundry room?

I don't think the 2nd floor plan got posted.

• eire6678
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for,input!! Here is 2nd floor. I have been hung up on laundry mudroom since the beginning... Just can't wrap my brain around best way!!

• renovator8
    10 years ago

I can't read the room labels and there is no furniture. How would anyone be able to comment?.

• eire6678
    Original Author
    10 years ago

There are room labels, correct no furniture. Sorry if its hard to see. Only pic I have:(

• bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
    10 years ago

I've done what I can using photoshop on the images you posted to crop in closer and darken the images everything is a bit more visible. It's much easier to get a really good image tho if Photoshop is used on a full sized copy of the originals before they are uploaded but these are at least somewhat legible.

BTW - I also rotated these to put the front door at the bottom of the image because that's how most folks here are used to reading plans. Am I right that you will have a rear-facing garage or did I misunderstand where the front door is?

• rmsaustin
    10 years ago

I think you need to work on the master bedroom and bathroom space -- there is a lot of square footage there, but I think you can use it better -- maybe get some natural light in the bathroom? A larger closet area? Good Luck.

• eire6678
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to photoshop this!! Yes the gargage has a rear entry so it's kind of tucked away... Kids can play near top, closer to house. I agree, just noticed, no window in master bath!!!

• bpath
    10 years ago

It's still hard to tell which are windows and which are doors. Can you make a darker image to upload, make the dimensions readable, too?

What is the little closet between the kitchen and living room?

How do you plan to use the parlor?

• petepie
    10 years ago

Is there a reason you're not going with a walk in closet in the master?