Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mjtx2

Things I love so far ...

mjtx2
11 years ago

We've been in our new home for two weeks, and these are the "toys" we love so far:

The Tapmaster. Well, that thing is da bomb. It took us a while to get used to it but now we love it. And we're both kicking the toe kick in our master bath sinks all the time, wondering why the water isn't coming on. I can see what's coming next hah. We got the Tapmaster with hot/warm/cold pedals and they work fantastic. Our builder had a dentist and his wife walk through our house to show them his work, and the dentist had never thought of putting the Tapmaster in his home but I think he will now. We were highly enthusiastic ;)

Kohler Karbon faucet. Looks cool and works amazing. Love not having a pull out faucet or a separate spray. Incredibly convenient.

Hide a Hose. I still haven't gotten out the attachments to figure them out, but I love the hoses. The only thing I wish I'd added was the toe kick opening in the kitchen, just to make life easier when sweeping up. Right now I make a pile right in front of the HAH opening, pull it out and suck the pile. Which is about as easy as getting out a dustpan and dumping that in the trash, but neater.

I love our slightly sunken great room (one wide and shallow stair, so two easy steps down)with all the windows. I know a lot of people are against sunken rooms but it looks great.

My office right off the mudroom. Well it's really just a small room, but it is the mail drop and paperwork catcher.

A small additional powder room off the mudroom. Using that one a ton already. Highly convenient when you're running out the door or just working in the kitchen.

The bench under the window in the kitchen. Already a favorite perch for everyone to sit and talk with the cook (me!) and also have great views.

I did use site finished walnut floors and there are a couple of minor scratches already that I can easily address. But they are gorgeous.

So far I am really happy with most of my decisions. The only thing I keep thinking is I should have added one foot in the great room (it's 18' to the step). And maybe another to widen the master bedroom a tad (14'x17'). And that toe kick central vac opening ;)

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz