Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mjtx2

Things I love so far ...

mjtx2
11 years ago

We've been in our new home for two weeks, and these are the "toys" we love so far:

The Tapmaster. Well, that thing is da bomb. It took us a while to get used to it but now we love it. And we're both kicking the toe kick in our master bath sinks all the time, wondering why the water isn't coming on. I can see what's coming next hah. We got the Tapmaster with hot/warm/cold pedals and they work fantastic. Our builder had a dentist and his wife walk through our house to show them his work, and the dentist had never thought of putting the Tapmaster in his home but I think he will now. We were highly enthusiastic ;)

Kohler Karbon faucet. Looks cool and works amazing. Love not having a pull out faucet or a separate spray. Incredibly convenient.

Hide a Hose. I still haven't gotten out the attachments to figure them out, but I love the hoses. The only thing I wish I'd added was the toe kick opening in the kitchen, just to make life easier when sweeping up. Right now I make a pile right in front of the HAH opening, pull it out and suck the pile. Which is about as easy as getting out a dustpan and dumping that in the trash, but neater.

I love our slightly sunken great room (one wide and shallow stair, so two easy steps down)with all the windows. I know a lot of people are against sunken rooms but it looks great.

My office right off the mudroom. Well it's really just a small room, but it is the mail drop and paperwork catcher.

A small additional powder room off the mudroom. Using that one a ton already. Highly convenient when you're running out the door or just working in the kitchen.

The bench under the window in the kitchen. Already a favorite perch for everyone to sit and talk with the cook (me!) and also have great views.

I did use site finished walnut floors and there are a couple of minor scratches already that I can easily address. But they are gorgeous.

So far I am really happy with most of my decisions. The only thing I keep thinking is I should have added one foot in the great room (it's 18' to the step). And maybe another to widen the master bedroom a tad (14'x17'). And that toe kick central vac opening ;)

Comments (6)

• DreamHomeDreamer
    11 years ago

I would love to see pictures. Specifically of your tapmaster (I have never heard of this but am intrigued), walnut floors, and if you could post a your floor plan to see the orientation of the mudroom/powder room/office that you love so much.

• Karen.1288
    11 years ago

I too would love to see your walnut floors. We are about a month away from committing but if we had to make the decision today it would be the walnut.

• kelhuck
    11 years ago

Ooh, yes, pictures, please! Or did you already post some in one of the monthly progress threads? I think we should do "House Reveal" threads like they do on the kitchen forum!

I especially want to see your kitchen bench. I REALLY want one, but can't figure out how to add it to our plans. Maybe seeing yours will give me a fresh perspective!

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

Has tapmaster changed; to get hot, cold, and warm pedals? Or, did you put in 3 pedals? This is the part about you mentioning tapmaster that is intriguing me at the moment. I had mostly ruled it out for me because I am always adjusting the temperature in my 1 kitchen sink (no prep sink). But, if there is a way to choose hot or warm or cold, I'd like to hear! (pictures?) :)

• tempe110
    11 years ago

I'd love to see the floor plan and pictures too, thanks for sharing!

• mjtx2
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Okay, I'm out of town until Monday but will try to post pics when I get back. I've tried to post here only once and it was....a struggle. But maybe I now just use the image file upload bar? Feel free to give direction.

In the meantime, the Tapmaster that comes with hot/warm/cold is relatively new I think. I believe it was model 1756. I got it from conservastore but it wasn't on their website and my builder got it through them but not from the online site - he just called I think. Link is below.

The walnut floors are 4" wide and I do think that wood is gorgeous. We got mostly heartwood and very little sapwood and used a medium color stain to even it out but not block the graining. It came out great.

Here is a link that might be useful: tapmaster 1756