Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need some help re-working the master bath please

Posted by illinigirl (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 0:37

Hi
After some thought I've decided I'm unhappy with the way the door to the master bath from the bedroom is in the corner of the master bedroom. This makes furniture placement difficult because it reduces the available wall space (requires furniture to be shifted away from the master bath entrance).

I would like to come up with an alternate layout, I was thinking by shifting the door to the left by at least 3 feet. I am wanting:

-to preserve the closet size (can be bigger but not smaller)
-to preserve the shower size as closely as possible
-vanities can be smaller but MUST be separate
-stay within the existing footprint if at all possible
-can not add any extra square footage

can anyone help please?

[img] photo 090413masterbath2.jpg[/img]

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need some help re-working the master bath please

Seems like plenty of room to rework the arrangement.

o

I think it will work fine...bed and end tables on right wall, low chest or window seat in front of window, dresser with mirror or TV on left wall (corner chair?) and another dresser between entry and bathroom doors. The 'squiggle' in top right corner is a plant :)

From Kitchen plans

o

Looks to me like there is plenty of room for the bed on the right wall, but if you don't like it there, then it looks like there is room to move the door to the master further down that long hallway, incorporate the linen closet into that hallway and add a door to the closet and bath in the hallway.

You might consider reworking it anyway though as the long hallway is a real waste of sq ft and it will also make moving furniture in and out harder.

I would also consider adding windows on the right wall so you can get some cross ventilation in the MBR.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here