Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncbound_gw

Anyone with experience building a Garrell house plan?

ncbound
10 years ago

We would like to build a Garrell house plan on our lot in western North Carolina. The property is sloped, so we will have to spend a significant amount of money on clearing trees, concrete foundation, etc. Although I love many of Garrell's more elaborate floor plans (Amicalola, nantahala, etc.), I have no doubt the cost of curvy walls and elaborate angles will push us way out of the ballpark. We are empty nesters and want something small but with some rustic character. We love their Diamond Creek cottage plan with two master suites, but I'm sure the breeze ways will add more cost and may not be practical. We are also looking at Sugarloaf Cottage plan, Lodgemont Cottage plan, or High Country Cottage plan. These are more simple rectangles and much smaller square footage. Anyone have any experience with any of these floor plans (like ballpark figures of cost to build), or any experience with Garrell plans in general? Many posts I have read make it sound like their homes are a fortune to build. We want to keep the entire basement as unfinished and use it as a garage/workshop/mech area in order to save money, plus we don't need a whole second house below. So another question I have (as a clueless flatlander from Florida!) is--- when builders are giving a quote as "price per square foot", how does that work if its an unfinished basement? I sure hope they aren't going to figure in all that area too, or I will never be able to afford this home! Help!

Here is a link that might be useful: Diamond creek

This post was edited by ncbound on Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 23:09

Comments (2)