Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy sliding closet doors?

Posted by Laura12 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 20:56

I am looking for sliding closet doors that are on a triple track for a 7'6" closet and I was wondering if anyone here has any thoughts on where to start looking.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy sliding closet doors?

Because their hardware is regularly touted, I'd start with Johnson Hardware...

o

Thanks kirkhall!

They have the hardware but I am looking for the doors...

o

Try an actual lumberyard instead of a big box store.

o

Hmm... How about where to find more contemporary options, or mirrored closet doors?

o

An actual lumberyard instead of a big box store as brickeyee say's, they can order them for you.

o

A lumbar yard for glass doors, I wouldn't have thought of that!

o

It is still a door.
How it is decorated is secondary.

o

Laura12 - I would be interested in your final solution on this question- I hope you post again!

o

Miruca - I was looking for some options online and I won't have time to go into a store for a couple months, but I will update once I do!

This is the type of thing I'm looking for:

o

This is exactly what I am looking for also!

o

Those look like shoji screens.

o

They are glass doors (at least, that is what I'm looking for) and I belief Shoji screens are paper....

o

I'm reviving an old thread to look for some more help... Does anyone know where II can find the above closet doors? tried my local lumberyard, and they don't have anything quite like that...

o

Have you tried a door store? Or a building supply store? Our interior doors all came from a local window and door store.

o

We haven't received them yet, but we've got doors similar to those coming from the Sliding Door Company.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Sliding Door Company

o

We are looking at getting our interior doors. including our closet doors, from Carrera Millwork in Santa Clara. I would assume they could do sliding doors with glass or plastic panels for you but I have no idea about costs.

o

I love the doors from the Sliding door company, but for a 7' span they are $2400! eek. Funny, because they don't seem very different from the ones at Ikea.

I have asked at several door stores, and they have all told me they don't carry anything like these pictures. I don't have any idea where to find them... very odd.

o

Oaktown - I wouldn't be surprised if you and I were passing each by each other in some of these stores! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here