Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a floor plan with two separate garages

Posted by xc60 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 13, 12 at 20:41

We are looking to build again and trying to find a floor plan that covers most of everyone's wish list, lol.

We saw a showhome the other day that had two separate garages off the front of the house we both liked. One garage was a single and it entered into a mudroom and walk thru pantry off the kitchen side of house. The other was a larger three car garage that was located on the other side of the front of the house and entered into a mudroom then a hall to the laundry room and main hallway.

The house floor plan had a U shaped design with the garages making the ends of the U so that it had a very nice covered courtyard. Unfortunately we cannot build that floor plan as the lot we want is owned by another builder. :(

We would be building around a 3000-3500 sq ft two story or a 2500 Sq ft bungalow. And are required to have the total house and garage frontage of total around 94'. The house will be a walkout backing onto a small lake. We have four boys (ages 10, 14,16,18) so are looking for around 5 bedrooms plus den. We also like the craftsman style of home.

If anyone knows of any plans that might meet our needs, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much :) We will also be meeting with architect so hopefully we can figure out a floor plan.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a floor plan with two separate garages

5 bedroooms, 2 mudrooms and 4 car garages add up to quite a bit more space than 2500 square feet. You need to start your search at about 4000 square feet for something that will meet that description.

o

I'm sorry I should of added that we will also be finishing the lower walkout level bringing the total finished square feet to somewhere around 4000 square ft if we do the bungalow. The two story with finished basement would also be around the same.

The showhome we saw was 2500 sq ft and had the master suite and bedroom/den on the main floor and three bedrooms downstairs with family room, large wet bar, games area, theatre room and a lower third garage built under the above three car garage.

Hope I explained it better now, thanks for your help. :)

o

Best looking realistic home thats upscale I have ever seen with a split garadge, it has a detached with brick/stone pathway and a hidden 2 car behind it.

I will be doing a 4 car as well and seriously considered this design heavy, I don't know where to find it but hope the google map works.

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en

o

Sorry it didn't show, its Alexis drive, Longview Texas, 4th house from the left on google maps.

o

So you can't build it because the builder won't share his plans? Or, you are limited by the builder you want to work with? The lot you want with the other builder---is he a custom builder? If so, I'd still check into the plan with the other builder (or the architect used by that builder). If the original builder wants exclusivity, I guess I can get that. But, you might be able to get the architect to design something for you, that works even better for you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here