Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jstrong27

Stone Creek/Shook Hill fans?

JStrong27
10 years ago

Hi! We are hoping to break ground on a Southern Living plan: Stone Creek next month. Is anyone currently building it or Shook Hill that would like to share pictures? Even old pictures? We'd love to see anything. Thanks!!!

Comments (33)

• mfowler423
    10 years ago

In case you haven't read this previous post. Here is a link

Here is a link that might be useful: Shook hill fans

• JStrong27
    Original Author
    10 years ago

mfowler423: I have seen that previously but was looking for more. Thank you though!

• JStrong27
    Original Author
    10 years ago

chilibeans: thanks! I will check the other thread. Can't wait to see.

• dents1987
    9 years ago

Did you build Stone Creek?

• dents1987
    9 years ago

Did you build Stone Creek?

• dents1987
    9 years ago

JStrong27.....Did you build Stone Creek?

• JStrong27
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, we are building as I type. Hope to be moved in next month!

• dents1987
    9 years ago

I would love to talk to you!! We are finishing up our pricing and it is coming in higher then I had anticipated!! But I am in love with this plan!!!

• ctaylor71
    9 years ago

We are looking to build Stone creek and would love to see any updated pictures. Have seen some shook hill but not many stone creek. Anyone building this or have any pictures they would like to share!

• almostemptynester
    9 years ago

We're building one right now. So far we just have the foundation in, but framing starts next Thursday. ctaylor71, there are a lot of photos online. I've found quite a few on Pinterest and Houzz as well. If you go to the Southern Living Forum, search for Shook Hill and partway through the thread you will find a link to hundreds of photos.

• swetton
    9 years ago

How did everything go? Any helpful hints or changes you would like to make? Pictures? We are hoping to build this home as well and would appreciate any tips as this is the first house we have ever built.

• swetton
    9 years ago

Could you please post any outside/rear view pictures of your finished or unfinished home? Thanks.

• almostemptynester
    9 years ago

Swetton -- where are you thinking of building? We modified the plan slightly. I'll post a few exterior photos here for you...I haven't taken that many of the back because of all the snow, but it's a good reminder for me to get out there and take some.

• Karen H
    8 years ago

JStrong27 and almostemptynestner--Do you have any interior pics you could share for Stone Creek plan? We're trying to decide if we want to build Stone Creek or Shook Hill, but we can't find any interior pics of Stone Creek. Also, I'm a little concerned about size of master bath (Stone Creek). Any suggestions or ideas you have would be greatly appreciated.

• glockfan
    8 years ago

almostemptynester, do you any more photos of the Stone Creek plan?

• doctorroo1
    8 years ago

I have no idea why it is sideways -- I downloaded it from my phone. Glockfan -- are you thinking of building this?

• doctorroo1
    8 years ago

Kaywave -- sorry I didn't know this thread was updated. Here are a few interior pics. My house is more like Shook Hill, with more square footage added to the kitchen and living room and less in the dining room and front study.

I have no idea why all my pictures are sideways -- I will post directly from my phone.

• doctorroo1
    8 years ago

Master bedroom

• doctorroo1
    8 years ago

Kitchen

• doctorroo1
    8 years ago

Living room

• doctorroo1
    8 years ago

Powder room

• glockfan
    8 years ago

Yes we are considering this one. Pretty house.

• ILoveRed
    8 years ago

Even sideways, the exterior is beautiful. Love the yellow!

• Karen H
    8 years ago

doctorroo1--

Are your ceilings 9 or 10 feet? Also, I do love your farmstyle sink. Is it copper?

• almostemptynester
    8 years ago

They are 10 feet on the main floor aND 9 feet in the walkout basement and second floor....the sink is copper -- it really makes the kitchen.

• Dale Brubaker
    7 years ago

Almost empty nester, it's 2c2u2t2i2e again. Did you finish your basement? We are looking to do some remodeling in ours and are looking for ideas. I want to do something interesting with the ceilings so it doesn't look so basement-ish.

• almostemptynester
    7 years ago

Hi -- Sorry I don't get notifications when the thread is updated. We did finish the basement -- just basic but the ceilings are 9' so it doesn't look like a cave. There are also a lot of windows along the edge too so lots of light. We did use vinyl plank flooring that looks like barn wood that is kind of cool and great for a basement.

• k10dall
    6 years ago

Can some folks post pictures of the family room fireplace? I am unsure about the unevenness of the bookcases. Thanks

• Dale Brubaker
    6 years ago

Here's a pic I have from an old listing.

• k10dall
    6 years ago

Thank you Karen. this is very helpful. If you have any other ones from the interior I would love to see them.

• k10dall
    6 years ago

I am sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it. Looking a shook hill located in NC.

• k10dall
    6 years ago

@cvazqu have you finished the shook hill? If so, can you post pics? Also, are your ceilings 10 and 9 feet?