Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aporthole_gw

White or Lt Almond Electrical with Dover White Trim

aporthole
10 years ago

All our base trim, doors, crown moulding, some bead board, and ceilings will be SW Dover White. Kitchen cabinets are almost an exact match to Dover White as well. Only stark white will be the cheapo basic Home Depot subway tiles for kitchen backsplash and master shower walls.

Main wall color will be SW Contented (grayish green).

Our electrician spec'ed out Lutron paddle switches and plates and we have the choice of white or light almond.

Does anyone have regular white electrical "stuff" alongside off-white trim like Dover White? Would the standard white be too harsh/stark against the soft creaminess of Dover White trim? Would light almond be too dark?

With SW Dover White trim, would you choose white or light almond for your primary light switch/outlet color?

Here is a Houzz pic of the wall color and similar flooring:

Contemporary Living Room by Nashville Architects & Designers William Johnson Architect

Comments (7)

• worthy
    10 years ago

Light almond all the way!

Unless you are doing a stark modern, the almond blends nicely.

Here's one of our baths.

This post was edited by worthy on Thu, Aug 22, 13 at 20:27

• dekeoboe
    10 years ago

Light Almond would probably work well. If you are buying other things to match, remember, light almond and almond are not the same. LA = Light Almond and AL = almond, it can be confusing.

• worthy
    10 years ago

Yes, a lot of creative naming.

You might want to consider some other variations too.

As far as I'm concerned, if you're building a custom house, it shouldn't have the same things as every tract home you've ever seen. And that especially includes details like electrical plates.

• Beth Parsons
    10 years ago

I vote light almond. We used SW Divine White for our trim and SW Serenity Hue (bluish/greenish/grey) on most of the walls and have a natural (no stain) oak floor. Actually looks strikingly similar to the pic you posted. We used light almond switch plates/outlet covers and although it's just a tad darker than the trim, it blends much better than white.

• Spottythecat
    10 years ago

I vote light almond. We are using it - our cabinetry and trim will be SW Alabaster. We are putting our outlets in our baseboards to "hide" them better.

• ILoveRed
    10 years ago

Lots of other things that have to be installed on your walls are only available in white. Or could only be matched in white. ie: speaker volume knobs. At least that was the case when we built this house. So if I wanted everything to be the same color I had to choose white.