Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jessejasper

Building a house in philippines

Jessejasper
10 years ago

Hey folks im a young man age 25 and living with my lovely wife in denmark we are planning on building a house in the
philippines, 3-4 bedrooms, 2restrooms, salon and a kitchen, garden, garage just an average house for a small family. I was wondering if anyone of you lovely people knows anything about how much the cost will be? we already have the land 200 square that we got from my wifes mother. So the question is, building the house and how much it will cost.

Comments (7)

• LuAnn_in_PA
    10 years ago

Asking on a Filipino board might be better than this American one!

• robin0919
    10 years ago

Is that a typo......200 sf of land???

• bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
    10 years ago

OP (JesseJasper) said he was from Denmark. In Denmark (as in all the rest of the world) metric measurements are used! So I suspect he means 200 square of something metric, not 200 sq ft.

I thought maybe 200 square meters but that would only be slightly over 2100 sq ft which is still a very tiny piece of land on which to build a house. Then again, the Philippines is a pretty crowded country overall so maybe that is the size of the available lots.

To OP, you really do need to talk with someone living in the Philippines to get an idea of building costs there. Most of the folks who frequent this forum are Americans of the U.S. and Canadian variety. We can't even give one another much advice on building costs because, even from one U.S. city to another U.S. city, building costs can easily vary by 200% or more. No way we're going to be able to help you with building costs in a country most of us can't even find on the map! But, if you want to get opinions on your floorplans, or ask whether your builder poured your slab foundation correctly, or whether you have enough lights planned for over you kitchen island, or whether you should paint your master bedroom blue or beige - you've come to the right place!

• Jessejasper
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I just found this website randomly ;) so though i could get some help here witch i did from you people but sadly enough its harder than i imagined to find a website with this kinda help, but thanks anyway i keep up my search :)

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

Hopefully your wife still has family or friends in the Philippines - they would be your best source for general information, I'd think. But you'll still need to get specifics from professionals there. Perhaps you can search online for a builder and begin an email dialogue.

• live_wire_oak
    10 years ago

Yes, building information is locally oriented. That doesn't mean that we're not interested in your project, or that we can't help with some information that doesn't involve local codes and costs. In fact, we get so few international participants here that we'd really be interested in your process and project in order to contrast it with the type of project that happens here. Please continue to post updates and pictures of your project!

• sparky4sparky
    10 years ago

I believe the average in the Philippines is about 22000 pesos per square meter.