Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie concrete questions

Posted by luvpink (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 18:27

New builder here in Texas! We have all our dirt work and rebar done and are ready to pour concrete. We have people coming in the next week to give us a price on pouring and finishing the slab. We used a concrete calculator and will need right at 5 trucks of concrete for 38x61 slab with footings. Anyone know about how much that would cost? Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie concrete questions

Don't mean to be smart here but concrete is ordered by yards and 5 trucks is not very specific. Also, it will depend on what the cost of a yard of concrete is in your area as the cost will vary GREATLY across the United States.
If you do get a price yourself for the concrete expect your cost per yard to be more than a contractors price per yard.
If the concrete crews in Texas are as far behind as they are in my area your forms could be sitting empty for a month or more.

This post was edited by LOTO on Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 18:51

o

48 cubic yards is what it figures out to be. I know prices will vary. I was just wondering a round about cost to give me an idea as we are new to this process.

o

Our 4" slab in the crawl space was $3.00 a sf and this included fill, rebar, poly, and trowel finished concrete.
The footings and 8"x4' exterior concrete walls were billed separately at $41.00 a sf and this included all materials.

Driveway, sidewalks, and porches were all $3.55 a sf and this included all materials and trowel finish.

o

You're not tryig to GC this build yourself are you? With no idea of costs?

o

We recently used 130 yards for our house. I called a few ready mix suppliers in our area and their prices are $90-$100 per yard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here