Return to the Building a Home Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
"Four Gables" by Mitchell Ginn

Posted by LacieAnnie (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 14, 13 at 18:10

My husband and I are planning a build next year and I was hoping for input on Mitchell Ginn's "Four Gables" plan. We are looking for a classic farmhouse feel and I love the porches on this one. We would like to put it on a basement though, and I wonder if it is worth it to take away from the laundry room for the staircase or if I should find another solution?
If anyone has seen this plan built or if you have pictures it would be greatly appreciated! I have looked at thousands of plans and I am trying to narrow it down. If anyone has pictures of "Stone Creek" I would appreciate those as well. Thank you!

http://mitchginn.com/house-plans/2341-sq-ft-�-four-gables/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: "Four Gables" by Mitchell Ginn

Bad URL ... Drag it from the website directly into the "Optional Link URL" box and give it a name.

o

Oh, sorry! I am new at this.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mitchell Ginn

o

I am not much help as I haven't seen this plan built...but I wanted to say how utterly charming it looks! I love how the living room and the playroom upstairs have such nice views to the backyard.

o

Pretty house! And overall a good use of space.

A few comments. The master bath seems cramped to me and shower location is very odd. I would get rid of the tub and move the shower to the tub location.

I would extend the living room wall across from the laundry room. This will help give the master some privacy as well.

No garage? How will you enter the house. From the front or back?

I would get rid of the door to the back porch in the eating area. Same thing with the door in the upper left of the living room. Just leave the door in the upper right. Door are much more expensive that windows and not as airtight. Plus, they create furniture placement problems.

Where will the tv go in the family room. Above the fireplace? The family room could be 1-2 feet deeper.

I think this plan is great with a few tweeks. The major drawbacks for me are no attached garage, no family entry/landing area and I would need a better spot for the tv in the family room.

o

nini804, isn't it adorable? That is one of the things I love most about it, is the connection to the backyard.

pps7, thank you so much for your suggestions! I was worried about the master bath at first, but it has grown on me and I think it would be charming and as long as I could fit in a claw foot tub I would be happy with it.
Extending that wall across from the laundry room is a brilliant idea!
With the garage I was thinking about a breezeway from the back porch. Or, Maybe adding on a mud room from the eating area to connect it? That is still up in the air.
Your thoughts on the extra doors are spot on. I hadn't thought of it before but I think I will take your suggestions.

Any other thoughts on the plan are welcome!

o

I like the plan a lot and was intrigued enough to go looking on the internet for possible images showing the interior or an actual built exterior. Best thing I was able to find is a builder called "The British Builder" in McKinney, Texas who is currently in the process of building the Four Gables house plan for a client. Link to the web page is below.

Note that if you put your cursor over each of the two bottom images (one showing foundation work on the main house and one showing framing work on what is obviously the stand alone garage) and then right click and choose the option "Inspect element", a window will opens at the bottom of your screen that gives the image id of both pictures. Both img ID's begin with the date 2013-05-02. Human beings don't tend to assign such complex ids when we save pictures so probably these are the ID's auto assigned by the digital camera when the pictures were taken.

Assuming whoever owns the camera has set the date correctly on the camera (and I think most people do tend to do this when they first get digital cameras), then these two pics were taken on May 2, 2013. By now, the house is probably fully dried in and work is beginning on the interior.

Since you're not planning to start building until next year, perhaps you could contact the builder and ask if his clients would be willing to share photographs with you as the project progresses. Or, just keep an eye on the builder's website for more updates.

****** Now for my critique of the floor plan *****

One of the few things I don't like is that the master bedroom door opens right off the living area and the best place to put the bed will be on the wall opposite the door. That means the bed is going to be on view any time the bedroom door is left standing open. Not a problem if you're the kind that always makes up your bed first thing in the morning and always keeps your bedroom looking pristine. Me, I'd want a bit more privacy because, invariably when I'm expecting company, I'm rushing around doing last minute party prep until 30 minutes before my guests are scheduled to arrive. Then I run to grab a quick shower and change clothes so that I always seem to still have an assortment of outfits spread out over the master bed when the doorbell rings. LOL! Of course, your experience may differ....

That said, if you really want a basement, it should not be necessary to totally lose the laundry room. You would just need to lose the cabinetry that is across from the washer/dryer and the built ins on the kitchen side. Then I think you could stack a staircase down to the basement UNDER the staircase up.

The laundry room would be smaller but still big enough for a stacked washer/dryer combo and a small countertop to fold clothes on with cabinet space above and below for storage.

BTW - I would recommend swapping the washer/dryer to the other side of the laundry room so that they don't back up to the bedroom wall. Less noise transfer and it will put the washer hose connections closer to the master shower connections so you would need a little less plumbing AND it would move the laundry room door so that guests in the great room would have a harder time seeing into the laundry room area.

And, since the laundry room sits back to back with the master shower, I'd absolutely insist on opening between master shower and laundry room so I could drop my dirty clothes thru. Just a short chute installed at an angle with a hinged cover on the shower side and a basket strategically placed on the laundry side would work nicely. No, it's not far to carry dirty clothes around...but why bother when you could just "drop them" right into the laundry room?

Flipping the washer/dryer and moving the laundry room door would also allow you (if you wanted to) to create a short hallway to tuck both the laundry room door and the master bedroom door away from the direct view of most of the living room. You would still be able to see into the master bedroom from certain portions of the dining room. But the "tunnel" effect of having the hallway with a cased opening would limit the view giving your master bedroom a greater sense of privacy.

If all that wasn't clear, here's a sketch... photo prettyhouse_zpsf795836d.png

Oh, and two more things not shown in my sketch...

1) If that post closest to the kitchen and front door is not absolutely necessary to support the second floor, I'd get rid of it. That would allow you to enlarge the kitchen island without crowding and maybe put a small table against the wall across from the kitchen where you would be losing the built-ins in order to add stairs going down to the basement. I'd certainly talk with the architect to see if there wasn't some other way to support the second floor without having that post.

And 2, if you created the short hallway discussed above, you might want to shift the post closest to the edge of the hallway over a tiny bit that it forms one corner of the little hallway wall.

Finally, I agree with previous posters about playing around with furniture placement options and then getting rid of most of the doors leading to your back porch. Obviously you'll need to keep at least one door but the best placement for it will depend on how you want to arrange furniture and where your garage will be situated. It might turn out to be best to replace all three doors shown with windows and then put a door out to the porch on the one wall that doesn't currently show one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Four Gables house being built

o

Bevangel, wow! Thank you so much for your input. I love that sketch of the laundry room and it does make me feel a lot better about adding the basement staircase. And the laundry chute is quite clever!
I went to that builders website and I am happy that you found it. Although there weren't many photos of the build site, I did a search for them on Facebook and found a couple more. I am hoping they post finished pictures soon and I may get the nerve to ask them about it. Good to have some prospects!
I have found one photo of a finished exterior. It is from the Southern Living website. I was excited to look at it but to be honest I was a little disappointed but I can't pinpoint what it is exactly that seems different to me (aside from that small porch on the side) maybe you guys could see it? Does the house itself look shorter, or is it just me? I will see if I can attach it.
I agree about the doors, there are too many.
I also like your idea of creating a little hallway to the master. I have experience that pre-party panic enough to appreciate it!
I really would like to see some interior pictures and one reason is because of those posts. I agree that it may be in the way a little but I am thinking maybe all together they are making a fantastic set of arches (I can dream, right?) so I don't want to count them out right away.
You all are so helpful, keep it coming! ;)

o

I think that part of the difference is that you're looking at the real house from straight on instead of from an angle like in the artist's drawing.

Plus, the picture was taken from a little bit higher "point of view" than the perspective from which the drawing was made. It kind of looks like maybe the cameraman stood on top of his car so that his camera lens was slightly above the height of the top of porch roof.

Notice how, in the photo, you see all of the top of the porch roof and a little bit of the porch floor. But in the drawing the porch roof is slightly flattened and you don't really see any of the top of the porch floor. Plus, in the drawing, you see a bit more siding between the top of the first floor windows and doors and the bottom of the porch roof than you do in the photograph. It looks to me like the artist's point of view is just about equal to the bottom edge of the porch roof.

Raising the point of view by a foot or two is what makes the house look shorter.

Also, in the drawing, the second story roof is metal with basically vertical lines. The second story roof of the real house is shingled... thus topping it with horizontal lines. And we all know the optical illusion of additional height provided by vertical lines as compared to horizontal ones.

I also think the green window trim in the drawing "pops" in a way that the black trim simply doesn't. And that may be contributing to your feeling that the real house isn't quite as charming as the drawing. I still think it's an absolutely lovely house and if/when you find more pics, I do hope you'll post them.

o

I've been thinking a lot about roofs and windows today and wanted to echo what bevangel said about the difference in roofing material -- the standing seam metal is a very strong element of the original sketch in my opinion. Also, in real life, glass typically appears as dark (unless the sun is shining directly where you have a white curtain behind it), so if you want the window grids to stand out you would want to choose a lighter window color.

That is a very charming house!

o

We are also considering the same house plan and we would like to have a basement as well. Have you found anyone that has pictures of the completed house?

o

That is interesting about the roofing material and you are probably right. I was considering 2 over 2 windows with black frames and white siding, and a black tin roof over both the house and the porches. How is that for the charm-factor?

pwpharm, so far I have only found the two photos on the Southern Living site and bevangel led me to a builder in Texas called "The British Builder" who is currently in the process of building the house. They have a few pictures of the very early stages on their website and a couple more on their Facebook page. I am hoping they will post more soon. If not, I may get the nerve to ask for some more photos on Facebook.

I am still scouring the web for photos and if I find any I will post it. If you find any, please share!

o

I emailed "The British Builder" to have pictures sent of the current project. I also inquired if he liked the plan and if many changes were made. I will keep looking for further information. I have also contacted the company that sells the plans to see if they might have any leads to help with our decision.

o

Oh great! Hopefully we hear from them soon.

Also looking at the Covington Hill plan by LRK, does anyone have any thoughts on this one and how it compares to Four Gables?? I am liking the attached garage and mud room a lot!

Here is a link that might be useful: Covington Hill

o

So excited to find this thread as we are about to start building this house on the coast of Maine this month! When I found the Southern Living photo image, I was also disappointed in the appearance. However, I hope that our choices for the plan will give it more character and depth. We intend to side the house with white cedar shingles that are stained with a transparent brown cabot stain, trim color painted forest green, and roofing done in dark brown metal. The interior changes I plan to make are: The front entry will actually be my back entry and the back of the house is what will face the road and the coast. A driveway will go up the side of the house and take you to the back door. Therefore, I am going to flip the master closet & laundry room. In the master bath, I plan to only have a shower or a shower/tub where the tub is and move the toilet to its own private "room" with a cabinet for towels where the shower is. Then I can extend the sink area to include a section for a "makeup vanity." I agree that there are too many doors, and in some cases, windows too. I am thinking of eliminating at least one of the kitchen windows and the window in the tub/shower area. The doors in the DR and MB I want to change to french doors. The other 2 doors in the LR seem superfluous to me. I, too, want to extend the length of the island and am worried about the necessity of that post, maybe it could be incorporated into the island if it is necessary. I couldn't bear to give up the shelf space under the stairs for stairs to a basement, so I am settling for a bulkhead outside of the house to access a storage basement. In a few years we hope to add a garage with an apt upstairs but it will be detached. I so appreciate the ideas offered by others, especially extending the LR wall to give more privacy for the MB. I am going to call the British Builder next week and ask for updated pictures!

o

I really like the house. Who needs an attached garage?
If I were building it, I would gussy it up, Carpenter Gothic style.
I'd use queen anne or diamond-paned sashes, (perhaps diamond-pane casements) and make the central upper window pair an oriel-type bay. Then some hefty jigsawed brackets/spandrels on the porch posts to round-off the sharp post/beam corner transitions.
The 3/4 storey upper floor is coming from the Gothic Revival period, is why I suggest this. It lends itself to any degree of ornamentation. Stucco would also suit it, if otherwise suitably ornamented, the smooth, patternless stucco providing relief to the eyes.
Casey

o

I like it, though I do agree with most of the tweaks that've been mentioned -- and that's all they are: tweaks.

- I totally agree that the washer/dryer should be bumped to the opposite wall for quiet in the master bath. Hardly a change at all. And I'd absolutely want the laundry chute from the master bath.

- I agree that the shower in the master is . . . odd, but it isn't a deal breaker, and I can't see an efficient way to fix it within the existing space.

- Whether the post nearest the kitchen is necessary or not, I'd extend the island a bit. At the worst, you put the post on the corner of the island.

- I think I'd move the stove to the short-leg of the L and the sink to the stove's spot . . . or maybe under the window. But then, I'm not a big fan of island-sinks. Regardless, you have a comfortable kitchen area, and these details could be worked in any number of ways.

- Is that a bookshelf under the staircase /near the kitchen? If so, it's a nice big one.

- I would alter the powder room /coat closet a bit: I'd bump the powder room back to the exterior wall so that some of that space could become a decent-sized pantry. We don't 'specially need coat closets in my part of the world.

- I would definitely lose the great room door nearest the built-ins. As someone else said, windows are cheaper and more efficient. A second door in this location adds no benefit.

- I'd probably lose the door out of the eating nook too. You don't need an exterior door every few feet. The one in the great room will serve just fine.

- I'd put the TV in the built-ins. I'd have it attached to the wall on one of those "pull out arms" so I could pull it out or push it back into the built-in. This would also allow you to turn it a bit to avoid a sun-glare. I don't know how big the built-ins are, but if they're not big enough to hold a good, big TV, I'd bump the fireplace to the left a bit and have a large built-in on the right /a smaller one on the left.

- I would not be bothered by the master opening right off the living room.

- Upstairs I would lose one of the windows in the playroom. Why? Because all three other gables have double windows . . . and this one has a triple window. Since the upstairs exterior is very symmetrical, I'd want them all to be identical in terms of widows.

- I'd probably have only one upstairs bath, but my kids have one foot out the door, and I'd say one bath is sufficient to share amongst the guests. I'd use that other bath space for a large walk-in storage closet.

- It'll be a fairly economical plan in that it has simple, straight walls. The porches will add to the cost, but not as much as some other extras could've.

This post was edited by MrsPete on Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 15:10

o

Seems to me like you have several options -stack the staircases, use the utility area and move the laundry into the basement, or add on a utility mudroom to connect to the garage.

I think that the original has a little better detailing than the built one. The porch beam is not deep enough, the columns and handrail are not as nice, it does not have steps up to the porch, etc..

Besides the watercolor just give it a nice warm feel.

This post was edited by ChrisStewart on Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 12:50

o

Just spoke on the phone with The British Builder office and they said to be on the lookout for updated photos of this house around Thursday (on their facebook page)!

o

We are also considering building this plan. It's simple, open and as someone else said charming. Only concern I have is I would like the laundry to be an additional closet opening to shower hall and add a laundry and garage to the kichen side. As to the comments about the door, I assume the purpose of the two doors in the family room are because of the two stairs on the porch. I emailed British Builder and they said there should be an open house late fall. Can't wait to see pictures.

o

BirchPoint, your house sounds interesting. Would like to see pictures as your home progresses. I am especially interested in what you do with the exterior.

o

These are links to two images of houses that have some similarity to 4 Gables. I am planning to use one of these color/material schemes for my 4 Gables.

http://www.houzz.com/photos/107173/Lake-House-rustic-exterior-burlington

http://ecoshel.com/GalleryDEST/images/Ecolumina8SR_jpg.jpg

o

They're up! The British Builder just posted a few pics on their Facebook page! Hopefully more to come.
I am so glad for all the feedback and I am glad I am not the only one loving this plan. As soon as I get a better Internet connection I will be checking out those Houzz links that you've posted, BirchPoint!
Redbriar, I was considering the same thing with the laundry and garage if I could figure out a way to get it on there without the garage sticking out like a sore thumb, I would love to hear the details of what you are planning.

o

The back porch side of the house being built by the British Builder is different than the plan. Can anyone figure out what they have done different? Also, in the kitchen, it looks like they did pull the island out as far as the post but removed the post. And the "pantry" looks like an opening to a room?

o

Perhaps they tightened up the half bath and opened up that pantry. But I still can't figure out what they did on the back end of the house.

o

The back does look different. It looks like it is straight across and the back walls of the master & dining area are equal to family room. The back porch must also have only one stairs to the far side and, of course, the rails are different on the front and back. I agree with you about the kitchen change. Link to Houzz.com for garage options is: http://www.houzz.com/birdseye-design/p/8
I do think the garage would have to sit at a lower grade than the house or be shorter so as not to overpower the house.

o

We are building this house on our farm in Oklahoma. The only changes so far is to move the laundry room to the area immediately outside the door to the dining area. We intend to enclose part of the porch to make a laundry room there. Venting the dryer through two stories sounds problematic to me and this way it adds a mud room on the back. The existing laundry room will be converted to a safe room. We live in Oklahoma so this is a necessity here. Cannot wait to get this started. I'll keep you posted.

o

Congratulations Jay.Ray. This house would be beautiful on a farm. Hope you will share pics.

o

My wife and I are building the house in Texas with the British Builder. I'm not able to put a PDF of the plan modifications since we used an architect, but will mention some of the big changes. I've heard that someone is planning to visit our house after it is complete, so maybe that is one of you on this thread.

I can't give away too many details or my wife will kill me. She wants this to be "our" house even though we started with the same plans like everyone else! I can see though, given the amount it costs to have the plans modified to our needs.

Except for one corner of the house, the footprint is unaltered. The overall dimensions on the original plan are unchanged (45x59). With our alterations, it comes to ~2500 sq ft.

Upstairs almost 100% unchanged, just a few little details like door locations.

Downstairs
1) Enlarged master bedroom
Pushed back wall even with back family room wall. Required roofline changes and additional foundation. This was done to do the change below -

2) Enlarged master bathroom
The original master bathroom didn't work for us. Dark shower and small closet. So, we pulled the bed/bath shared wall to the master bed entry doorway (even with the laundry room wall).

3) Moved Powder room
Pushed it to front exterior wall so we could have a good sized pantry.

4) Added a mudroom - used the area under the porch to create a mudroom for the dogs. No change in roofline or foundation required.

As you've noted in the pictures, we only have 1 column in the kitchen/family room area. The island is 11 ft long, and the photo on the website was taken before it was moved to it's final location. It sits right where the column would've been on the original plan. Many other detail changes that you can probably see from the photos on the British Builder website.

Any more questions?

o

Thank you Crumps for your input on the plan. Our builder in Maine is just breaking ground. We have asked the architect to make a few changes for us as well. The front of this house is actually going to be our back. Instead of that "back" porch wrapping around the house I am enclosing those "wrap" portions to give us a large mudroom/laundry/extra pantry area on one side and an office tucked behind the powder room on the other side. The porch will span the whole "back."

We are keeping the ceilings at 9' instead of 10'. We are extending the island to 10'. I want to put the two windows in the dining room together so that I can fit a corner cupboard in one corner.

I just recently realized that the upstairs bathrooms have no natural light in them so I think I will have skylights in there.

We are planning on having an aluminum roof but I am second guessing the wisdom of that. All of these decisions are quite overwhelming.

Crumps, I am wondering if you all put in the shelves under the stairs and, if so, what that space turned out to be like. Also, did you use the space under the eaves for additional storage?

o

I completely understand about all the choices being overwhelming. I also wanted an aluminum roof but we made the decision to put that money elsewhere into the design.

Since we moved the powder room to the exterior wall, we lost the "coat closet" area at the front of the house. We decided to eliminate the shelving/cabinetry under the stairway. This allowed us to create a full size coat closet facing the family room, with the door beside the laundry door. We then used the rest of the under stair space as storage, entering through the laundry room.

That decision was made easier by the reconfiguration we did in the kitchen. We have enough cabinet space to offset the loss under the stairs.

I agree with your assessment on the upstairs bathrooms. I may retrofit skylights once the build is complete.

I think the 10' ceilings really open up the first floor, but that is personal preference. It also allows you to use 8' doors on the first floor without looking strange. The combination of 10' ceilings and 8' door is really striking.

We did use all the space under the eaves for storage. We didn't use the door locations on the plan, but still reclaimed 100% of the space. It would be sad to lose all that space.

o

Thanks for the information crumps2001. I think I may be the one who is planning to visit. I had asked the British Builder if there would be an open house as I know sometimes Southern Living builders do this and donate proceeds to local charities. We thought we would tie into a trip to Texas something we've been wanting to do. Waiting on date, etc. In fact I had just emailed them again a couple of days ago. It is really nice to hear from you and everyone else about their plans. This is such a neat plan. You and your wife must be really excited it is nearing completion.

o

Birchpoint I'm excited for you that you are breaking ground. Wish I was at that point too. Just to share an idea I am thinking about for under the stairs. I want to put a coffee bar in part of it pushing back into what will be another closet for us (laundry on plan) and pantry type shelves in the other covered by a barn door. Also thinking about taking out window on refrigerator side of kitchen and put double oven next to it or maybe replace the pantry with double oven.

o

Redbriar, my footings are being poured today! We aren't very far along but everything seems to take so long-permits, construction loan, etc. It looks bigger than I had anticipated. It is also going to be very tall. I am not very good at conceptualizing but the builder says we will tower over our neighbors and have almost exceeded our height allowance. They ran into ledge when digging the foundation, so our basement will only get 6 feet and we are taller above ground than originally planned but that is ok as we are just using the basement for storage.

I had the architect tweak the first floor for me to get a bigger pantry, coat closet, dog shower, and office space. If I can figure out how, I will try to attach that drawing to show what I'm talking about. (Can't seem to do it)

I love the shelves under the stairs - I have been adamant about maintaining them because I think it is a detail that adds a lot of charm. I can imagine a coffee station there!

o
RE: Four Gables Modifications

Modifications we made to Four Gables.

o

I kind of like the shape of the house as it is, but have to agree this makes a lot of sense to use the space that way rather than as porch space. Thanks for sharing!

o

BirchPoint, that is so exciting and I am quite jealous of you right now. I am loving that laundry room in your modified plans. Please update us with pictures as your build progresses!

o

I am hoping to get some guidance from Renovator8:

1. In this houseplan there are the interior beams & columns. We do not need these structurally, but do you think we should keep them for architectural interest?

2. We are planning to use white cedar shingles and black windows/trim. I am confused about the long term results of bleaching oil vs. double dip stain. We would like a uniform light gray/taupe finish. We are on the coast of Maine. We love the silver gray weathering but we see so much blackish staining here on both the white and red cedar shingles. Is that unavoidable with either bleaching oil or stain? Which would be the least problematic or most consistent long term?

3. Should we stain the porch columns & railings black to tie into the windows & trim or something else? (We are planning on cable railings to give a less obstructed view of the ocean.)

4. How would you suggest trimming and spacing the windows on the exterior? Would you use cedar trim or some newer, lower maintenance, paintable product? (Builder wants to use cedar).

5. Would you choose a real wood main entry door or a fiberglass wood looking door?

I have observed your expertise on many forums and am hoping I can tap into that! Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

o

Here's another one that looks similar.

Here is a link that might be useful: 4 gabled house

o

tulips33 that's cute. Is the floor plan available?

o

That one was built as a modular house.
Here is the floor plan: http://houseplans.southernliving.com/plans/sl1408

Tucker Bayou
Plan SL-1408

Here's someone who built one:
http://jimandjaime.blogspot.com/2008/09/were-in.html

If you search for "Tucker Bayou" floor plan or cost to build, etc you pull up lots of stuff

o

How are the houses coming along that are being built? Would like to see some pictures!

o

Our house is still under construction and things are going so slow. The weather in Maine this winter has been very uncooperative. I think we are looking at July for a finish date. Cedar shingles are going up this week (we only have 2 good weather days this week!). I will post pictures when things look more done.

I have learned so much through this process. I wish I had a second chance because there is a lot that I would do differently. If I had to do it over again, I would definitely hire an architect. There were some problems with this plan perhaps due to the fact that it was drawn with the South in mind and I am building in Maine. Code here requires 4 x 6 exterior walls and no plumbing is permitted on exterior walls . I have ended up with a house smaller than I thought due to the fact of different building codes and that I did not know how to accurately read architectural plans. HIRE AN ARCHITECT TO HELP YOU GO THROUGH THE PLAN! I still like the plan but I would have increased its size a few feet had I realized what I know now.

o

Hi, We are considering this house plan and would love to see pictures if anyone has any. We have made a few changes to the plan-- bumped out the northeast corner downstairs, if that makes sense, and put the kitchen in that space, turned 90 degrees, so that the kitchen sink/island looks straight toward the fireplace. So the area that was originally the kitchen on the plan is now the dining area. We would welcome any thoughts (and pictures!). Thanks!

o

My build is taking a ridiculous amount of time to complete. It was suppose to be finished in June but is beginning to look more like September! I will post pictures when done. I think it will be a really nice house in spite of some major disappointments.

o

Thanks BirchPoint! Looking forward to your pictures. Anything specific you would change if you had to do it over again?

o

bump

o

Any new photos or ideas? Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Building a Home Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here