Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mitri89

Pics of our finished house

mitri89
13 years ago

Someone asked on another thread if I'd posted pics of our finished house, and I realized I had not.

Pre-landscaping and before the grass turned green. I really need to snap some new ones of after the flower beds were done!

Comments (23)

• wxkristin
    13 years ago

Lovely home!

What type of hardwood floor did you install? I adore it!

• booboo60
    13 years ago

Beautiful home! Congratulations!

• mitri89
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you both.:-) The floors are white oak, 4" planks, site finished. The stain color is chestnut with a satin finish.

• arkansasfarmchick
    13 years ago

Your house is BEUUUUTIFUL! Love that stair case and the FP surround and the laundry room and the master shower and tub and and and. LOL It's just awesome.

• rookie_2010
    13 years ago

Your house is gorgeous! Congratulations! The staircase and the runner on it is stunning! The floors are beautiful, the kitchen too, I love it!

• ramor
    13 years ago

Congratulations mitri89,
    Very nice build. Must be a relief to be at least somewhat settled in. I hope to be in a similar situation in about a month. I also like the runner you used, your staircase is very similar to one of mine.

• jolsongoude
    13 years ago

Very nice! Thanks for posting the finished photos!

• trinintybay
    13 years ago

Thanks for posting these great pics! We are just starting and it is so helpful to see pics of beautiful completed homes. Your entire home is great but I esp love the wood floors, staircase and runner and traditional cabs.

• tinker_2006
    13 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!! Thanks for posting! Love your kitchen, Fireplace, paint colors, tile.. I could go on and on!

My layout for my kitchen is similar.. do you find the island blocks your work paths much?

• mitri89
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all so much for the kind words.

Tinker - I love my kitchen layout and have found it to be very functional. I haven't found the island to block paths at all. We have a large family and cook a lot, and even when there are several of us in there working we're never tripping over one another. One person can be doing prep at the island sink, one person can be cooking at the stove, and one person can be doing clean up or getting drinks while a couple might be sitting at the barstools visiting. We have about 46-48" clearance around the island which leaves plenty of room for someone to pass by. I love that traffic(namely kids) can come and go through the kitchen without coming in the corner where someone is cooking.

• tracey_b
    13 years ago

Beautiful! I loooove the staircase runner.

• krycek1984
    13 years ago

Lovely pictures, and lovely house!

There is a house almost just like this on Schumacher's website. Obviously not as nice :) but same outside design with the two gables on the front and porch and all. It's nice to see a similar house so I can imagine in my head what it could look like.

Great job. I love all the trim work.

• vidyaram
    13 years ago

It is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for posting it per my request. I have seen glimpses of it already but this is great to see the whole house. I love the colors you have chosen, the hardwood floors, stairs, bathrooms and the kitchen is to die for! The exterior pics are great too! I am at work now and will look at it in detail when I get home:)

• mitri89
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for the very kind words!! I can't tell you how good it feels to be on this side of it, as I was one who constantly doubted my choices during the build.:-)

Vidyaram - Thanks so much for the compliments! I needed a shove to post the pics.:-) Let me know if you want to know any of the specifics on anything.

• swhite10
    13 years ago

mitri89--What are the dimensions of your island? I took a picture of it with me today to meet with my builder and said "I want mine just like this!" It's so nice to be able to see pictures because it's very hard for me to visualize what it's going to look like when it's just an ink-drawn rectangle on paper! Thanks so much for sharing!
    And thanks for posting your flooring type and stain color! I wasn't sold on oak, but the stain you picked makes it look amazing!
    One more question---is your refrigerator a regular sized one or CD? I refuse to pay more for a CD and give up space, so I'm trying to figure out what to do. Too many decisions!

• mitri89
    Original Author
    13 years ago

swhite - Thanks! I know what you mean about the visualizing thing. The island top measures 42" x 89". 10 1/2" of that length is overhang for the barstools which some would say is not enough, but it's been plenty for us.

Our fridge is a full size KitchenAid. Like you I didn't want to give up space for a CD model. We made it look built in by making the countertop deeper in between the fridge and ovens. I love having the extra deep countertop there for rolling out dough, baking cookies, etc. Our trim carpenter made a trim piece around the fridge opening to make it "look" like a snug fit, but there's really plenty of room inside. Hope that makes sense.:-)

• glenster_jr
    13 years ago

Beautiful! Two questions about the kitchen:

What color granite?
    What color are the cabinets?

• mitri89
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Glenster - The Granite is Giallo Ornamental, and the cabinets are SW Dover White, sprayed on laquer.

• glenster_jr
    13 years ago

I was pretty sure it was G.O. That's what we have. If I can ask one last question, what is the ceiling paint color? Thanks.

• mitri89
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The ceilings and walls are the same color. The way the light plays off of it makes it look different sometimes. It's SW Tobacco Road, the Duron formula. You have to ask for it, as it's not on the chips.

• swhite10
    13 years ago

Please tell me what kind of pendant lights you have in your kitchen. I ordered some from Pottery Barn and they finally came in today and they are butt ugly! Need to return them and start from square one. Not happy. :0(

• tateland
    13 years ago

love you home! beautiful! Where did you get the chandelier?

• stayn2busy
    13 years ago

Gorgeous home mitri! It must feel so good to be done for the most part. I love your light fixture in the powder room.... do you remember what brand and collection it is? Thanks!

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone